DIY Rope Baskets

$25

A couple weeks ago I made a fun little side table for the side of my couch. I love how it turned out but I wanted to find some fun baskets to go on it that would give it a nice pop of color. I decided that I wanted something bright, so I went with yellow. I looked online and all over the stores to find the perfect baskets but had no luck. Then I found a rope basket that I loved the look of but couldn't
diy rope baskets, crafts
diy rope baskets, crafts
First I got some rope that I could use for the basket.
diy rope baskets, crafts
Then I dyed it yellow. Make sure to check out my blog post to see how I did this exactly.
diy rope baskets, crafts
Then using another basket for a form, I started to wrap the rope around the basket, gluing it together.
diy rope baskets, crafts
I continued to wrap the rope around the basket until I got to the very top. Once the whole thing was glued together, I removed the other basket that I was using for a form. The rope stuck together and it kept the form of the basket, how cool is that?!
diy rope baskets, crafts
I then made another one like the other one but alternated the colors. They are the perfect size and color for my side table (that's the joy of making things yourself!). Make sure to check out my blog post for lots more photos and instructions on how to make these fun rope baskets!!

• Rope
  • Dye
Kaysi Gardner

• Brenda S.

So cute!! Love the yellow :)

• Diena Cameron

Great baskets, i have to do this project ! I have been looking for a nice thick rope basket to use as a trash can for my Master bathroom but as you probably already know, they are horribly expensive ! So i am going to make mine. I also love your side table, looks great. I have about 5 pallets that are larger than normal that was here in my basement when we bought our home and i have been itching to make something with them, maybe a side table or nightstand for our guest bedroom. Thanks for inspiring me for two projects !