DIY Super Absorbent Swiffer Cloths

Is keeping your floor clean a challenge? Do you go through disposable floor cloths like crazy?? My homemade Swiffer cloths get the job done and are reusable! Using cloth diapers and microfiber cloths makes these do an amazing job!
I’ve always been a fan of how quick and easy Swiffer wet cloths are to use but I wanted something a little better. First I’m a fan of reusable, I don’t like spending a ton of money on stuff I’m going to throw away. Second I’ve been trying to eliminate chemicals from much of our home and cleaning is a huge area I’ve cut down. Third, and finally I find that with disposable cloths I needed two to do the whole floor, they just don’t stay wet long enough to get the job done, and if they encounter spills etc. they don’t really absorb it….Sooooo I made some myself! Yep my own custom homemade Swiffer cloths.
Conveniently the Gerber diapers are almost exactly twice as long as a Swiffer sweeper base. So the first thing you’ll want to do is fold your diapers in half and cut them. If you’re using a different brand you’ll want to measure it against your base to make sure you can get 2. If not just cut them to the size of your base.
Once you’ve got your diapers cut it’s time to measure and cut out your microfiber cloths. I just traced the edges with a marker, you’ll want to extend past the end about an inch or so that way it wraps around the edge, great for scrubbing!
You’ll want to center your microfiber cloth on the diaper. You’re diaper should have a sewn edge and a cut edge you’ll want to start sewing the end of the microfiber along the sewn edge of the diaper, using a zig zag stitch. Then sew down each long side of the microfiber.
When you're done sewing all your cloths fold them up and place them in a shoe box size plastic container. Then pour your favorite cleaner over the top. This is my favorite all natural laminate cleaner- http://werefarfromnormal.com/2017/02/the-best-all-natural-laminate-floor-cleaner.html
After they are all saturated they're ready to use!! For more details and instructions take a look at my full blog post - http://werefarfromnormal.com/2017/02/super-absorbent-homemade-swiffer-cloths.html

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Far From Normal

• Bernardine Turley

Did you know that contamination with cotton fibres ruins the absorbent properties of microfiber fabric? They should not be stored, and definitely not washed, together.
  • Patricia

Can you use this solution on hardwood floors?

• Deborah

How is it attached to the handle? I already sort of do this and use safety pens or binder clips. I would like to find a quick and easy way to attach.

• AJ Jeannette

Now this looks to be a winning idea and is a real money saver. Thanks for sharing. Now only if I knew how to sew 😩

• Jamie Lickert

I bet this would work for hand-held swiffer tools as well so that you can dust surfaces, blinds, and furniture.