DIY Spring Tulip Wreath

Few things say, "Spring has sprung!" to me more than tulips. They are one of the first signs of winter's passing and brighten the way for more flowers, greenery and sunshine to come.

Are you looking for a way to refresh your home with some springtime cheer? Here's what you'll need to make a beautiful spring tulip wreath of your own.
  • grapevine wreath
  • mini tulip bunches
  • green floral wire
  • wire cutters
  • ribbon

I started with a 18" oval grapevine wreath. I bought it for $1 from a local thrift store, removed and discarded the previous adornments and had a perfectly intact base for my new wreath. I also bought 7 bunches each of cream, pink and fuchsia faux mini tulips from Michael's {use those coupons!} for a total of 21 bunches.

Each bunch has several stems with 2-3 tulips and leaves per stem. Using wire cutters, I cut and separated each stem and pushed the leaves to the top.

I used a similar method to my boxwood wreath and bundled 3 stems of the same color together and then attached the bundle securely to the grapevine with floral wire. In doing so, I was able to create a more uniform direction.

I followed a pattern of cream-pink-fuchsia and made my way all around the wreath until I had this lovely creation.

I stitched a few zig zags on black and white ribbon and proudly hung it on my front door to welcome spring! It was an instant pop of color!

I was also able to make a second wreath with the excess flowers using a 14" round grapevine {another thrift store find}. It adorns my kitchen pantry door and makes getting up in the morning a little happier.

Lastly, I arranged the remainder of the flowers in a pitcher to brighten the fireplace mantel and bring a touch of spring into the house as well. As much as I adore real tulips, I love that these faux florals will stay fresh and cheery all season long.

DIY crafts are one of my favorite things to do! If you love them, too, I invite you to visit the blog and join the newsletter for a little creative inspiration sent directly to your inbox. Happy Spring! -- v. 

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Vernichel // created by v.

• Susan Monroe
    Susan Monroe

How many bunches of flowers did you use?

• Carmine
    Carmine

How much you spent in flowers?

• Deb
      Deb

I bought them on sale for $1.99 a bunch so it cost me over $40

• Deb
    Deb

Do you have to use floral wire to secure the flowers? I just stuck them in the wreath and they appear to be staying? Sorry, I am new to wreath making and trying to learn the ropes

• Neva Dew
      Neva Dew

I don't tie or glue my flowers on a grapevine wreath for my house. Then it is much easier to remove them for reuse of the wreath form. Mine hangs between the front door and its storm door so I have no problem with winds, etc. (made a couple of wreaths for Christmas gifts and I did glue things on those, as I knew they would be hanging outside in the weather)