Lisa
Lisa
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Chandler, AZ

Repurpose an Old Toolbox Into a Planter for Succulents

During a recent trip to Goodwill, I bought an old scratched up toolbox for $1.99 and repurposed it into a planter for faux succulents. I used faux succulents because I’m using this in the basement family room where I’d forget to water and maintain the plants.
I started this project with a thrifted toolbox. You can also watch my video to see what other items I purchased while thrifting.
repurpose an old toolbox into a planter for succulents, flowers, gardening, succulents
This is my well worn toolbox from Goodwill. $1.99 Dents and scratches!
First, added floral foam.
Second, I covered the foam with sheet moss.
Next, I added faux succulents.

Completed project! Fix and forget! My kind of project!
Completed project! Super easy and really cute for my family room! Fix and forget! My kind of project!

• Old toolbox  (Goodwill)
  • Floral foam  (Michaels Craft Store)
  • Sheet moss  (Michaels Craft Store)
Lisa

• Linda Sikut

Yes, Lisa it is unique. I had it on display in our living room, but we changed our flooring among other things and it doesn't look good there any more. I really wasn't happy with where it was before, anyway. :( Our house doesn't have a family room, Kit, DR, LR across the front, BR, BA, BR across the back. Upstairs has 2 BR, BA and office. You walk through the open office to get to BRs. Putting it in that room makes the most sense, especially because we used to be Watkins reps. (Well, we still are but pretty much retired and not active). Just need to figure out where to put it Thanks for your ideas!

• Lisa

I’m sure you’ll find the perfect place for it!

• Lenora wilson

My husband has a few of these he doesn't use any more so now I know what to with them. I think I'll put a good coat of sealer on one, drill holes in the bottom and put flowers in (it's a larger size). This is really a unique idea. Thanks.