DIY Moroccan Inspired Pillow Makeover

Transform a regular pillow into a cute Moroccan inspired pillow....did I mention it's no sew!
diy moroccan inspired pillow makeover
I was able to get the look I wanted without breaking the bank.  Authentic Moroccan wedding blanket pillows can range upwards of $100!  A hundred dollars for a pillow in a kid’s bedroom is not going to happen for me.  Instead, I created this pillow inspired by Morocco.
diy moroccan inspired pillow makeover
What You Need:
  • Ruffled trim with tattered edges
  • A couple of trims with sequins
  • fabric glue
  • lumbar pillow case (I got mine from IKEA!)
diy moroccan inspired pillow makeover
Wash and dry your pillow case.  You may need to iron it depending on your fabric.  Then, plan your layout.  Moroccan wedding blanket pillows have loads of textures and sequin sparkles.  Plan to use more of the ruffled or textured trim compared to the sequins.  I found a ruffled trim at Joann Fabrics that was perfect.
diy moroccan inspired pillow makeover
Use your fabric glue to apply the trims and allow to dry overnight or at least the time listed on the bottle, before using your pillow. This super easy pillow was the perfect addition to my little girl's boho style room.
diy moroccan inspired pillow makeover
Add a little trim or cover your pillow case completely for a global style look of your own. Check out more of this boho style room here.
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Kristin

I looked everywhere, I think, and cannot find your awesome hassock. Is that a DIY or where did you get it?