Fast & Easy Faux Bed Frame

$60

Make this DIY faux bed frame in minutes for cheap!
fast easy faux bed frame
Before. Oh. So sad. We purchased a new bed but with everything on the frame, it was just much too tall and made the room look smaller. Poof, out with the frame.

But ever since then, I've been trying to figure out how to mask the ugly box spring.
fast easy faux bed frame
I stumbled across an inspirational idea on the internet and finally!, finally I was off to the races. This project is so cheap and easy, and so effective, your mind will be blown.

All you need? Three pieces of 1x10 pine, some angle brackets, and the finishing method of your choice.

Be sure to pop over to my blog, Flipping the Flip, for all the funny details about this project and so many more!
fast easy faux bed frame
First, measure your box spring's length and width. Cut your pieces of wood to the appropriate sizes. Don't forget to subtract that 3/4" of the 1x wood somewhere!

Next, time to make it pretty. Your imagination is your only limit -- stain, paint, decorate, burn the wood, cover it in tiles....Seriously, the options are endless. I opted for fabric which I merely stapled on.
fast easy faux bed frame
On the blog, I explain how to make these nice crisp and clean corners.
fast easy faux bed frame
Next, assembly. Attach your corner brackets right up to the edge. I pilot drilled the holes first so the wood wouldn't split and used strong fancy glue as I have a bulldozer of a crazy dog who plows into everything.
fast easy faux bed frame
Attach the other panels, skooch it around your bed and .....
fast easy faux bed frame
Voila! A fancy expensive looking faux bed frame! Just watch your toes.

Be sure to click the link below to see all the details about this project and the super huge bulldozer dog!
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Rosalind McCoy

I like this, but what about center support, is there any?

• Masha

We made our own as well and we used 2x4 around the sides to hold the 2x4s that ran across the middle.. and a 1x8 down the center for support of the 2 x 4s

• Ahi33898443

Why didnt you use the same material or color as the headboard? You could also raise the box spring by using blocks of wood of whatever height you prefer spaced evenly under the box spring... or built like a pallet.

• It would have gotten really expensive quick if I had, plus it would have been too much wood for the room, for us personally. But definitely, there are a lot of ways to go with these ideas.

• I like this. But I store things under my bed. Gift wrap bin, photo bins. Wondering if there's a way to do this and have an opening or two? Love the headboard.

• Regardless of a 'pterodactyl' or a hinge, lol, this bed sits on the floor, there's no storage space underneath. You're into a whole different project if you want to lift the box spring. Very nice project!