Fast & Easy Faux Bed Frame

$60

Make this DIY faux bed frame in minutes for cheap!

Before. Oh. So sad. We purchased a new bed but with everything on the frame, it was just much too tall and made the room look smaller. Poof, out with the frame.

But ever since then, I've been trying to figure out how to mask the ugly box spring.

I stumbled across an inspirational idea on the internet and finally!, finally I was off to the races. This project is so cheap and easy, and so effective, your mind will be blown.

All you need? Three pieces of 1x10 pine, some angle brackets, and the finishing method of your choice.

Be sure to pop over to my blog, Flipping the Flip, for all the funny details about this project and so many more!

First, measure your box spring's length and width. Cut your pieces of wood to the appropriate sizes. Don't forget to subtract that 3/4" of the 1x wood somewhere!

Next, time to make it pretty. Your imagination is your only limit -- stain, paint, decorate, burn the wood, cover it in tiles....Seriously, the options are endless. I opted for fabric which I merely stapled on.

On the blog, I explain how to make these nice crisp and clean corners.

Next, assembly. Attach your corner brackets right up to the edge. I pilot drilled the holes first so the wood wouldn't split and used strong fancy glue as I have a bulldozer of a crazy dog who plows into everything.

Attach the other panels, skooch it around your bed and .....

Voila! A fancy expensive looking faux bed frame! Just watch your toes.

(To see the woodblock headboard project, click here!)

Be sure to click the link below to see all the details about this project and the super huge bulldozer dog!

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Becky at Flipping the Flip