Baking Tin Herb Planter

I like to collect baking tins…. Large ones, small ones, round ones, square ones, pastry ones. I like them all and I’ve built up quite the collection this past year.
But here’s where it gets super weird. I don’t bake. I can’t bake. So instead I decided to do something else with my collection of baking tins.

I decided to make an indoor herb garden!

ill be honest this isn't the first time I've made an unusual planter. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW I MADE KRAFT PAPER PLANTERS

Anyways here is how I made this planter - as always the in depth version can be found on my blog Grilo Designs at the link right at the bottom of this post (if you're wondering why my blog is called that you'll just have to go over and find out !

TO MAKE

I used a plastic sheet from an old IKEA frame to make the front of the planter. Using a sharpie pen drew around the baking tin and then cut out the shape with sharp scissors

I then attached my cut out plastic semi circle to the front of the baking tin with clear gorilla glue!

Next add in your gravel stones for drainage . This is really important as there are no drainage holes in this planter

Add in your herbs and Voila! You can either hang this on the wall or lean against your kitchen counters

What do you think ?

CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE CREATIVE PLANTER IDEAS or you can visit the link below to see this tutorial in further detail !

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Yvette Scheiman
    Yvette Scheiman

Gorgeous!! 😊

• Cattywumps
    Cattywumps

Hester , you could also paint these tins on outside to match room. You could also clean around bottom seal and run a good bead of aquarium seal as extra protection from moisture leak. Thanks for the idea.