Medina at Grillo Designs
Medina at Grillo Designs
  • United Kingdom

Baking Tin Herb Planter

I like to collect baking tins…. Large ones, small ones, round ones, square ones, pastry ones. I like them all and I’ve built up quite the collection this past year.
But here’s where it gets super weird. I don’t bake. I can’t bake. So instead I decided to do something else with my collection of baking tins.

baking tin herb planter

I decided to make an indoor herb garden!

ill be honest this isn't the first time I've made an unusual planter. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW I MADE KRAFT PAPER PLANTERS

Anyways here is how I made this planter - as always the in depth version can be found on my blog Grilo Designs at the link right at the bottom of this post (if you're wondering why my blog is called that you'll just have to go over and find out !

TO MAKE

I used a plastic sheet from an old IKEA frame to make the front of the planter. Using a sharpie pen drew around the baking tin and then cut out the shape with sharp scissors

baking tin herb planter

I then attached my cut out plastic semi circle to the front of the baking tin with clear gorilla glue!

baking tin herb planter

Next add in your gravel stones for drainage . This is really important as there are no drainage holes in this planter

baking tin herb planter

Add in your herbs and Voila! You can either hang this on the wall or lean against your kitchen counters

baking tin herb planter

What do you think ?

CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE CREATIVE PLANTER IDEAS or you can visit the link below to see this tutorial in further detail !

Medina at Grillo Designs

• Louise Gothard

I love this idea. I need some old baking pans. Then I want to hang in my window by the sink!

• Hester Adamson-Bounds

I like this. Instead of using round cake pans I thought about using the round cookie tins. The ones you get especially around Christmas and using them instead. They are deeper and have more shine on the inside the reflect light to the backside of the plants. Plus you can get them in different sizes. But your idea inspired me to think about these tins besides putting buttons into them.