How to Tile a Bathtub to Make It Look Like a Spa

$150

When we were looking to buy our house one of the major things that we were looking for was an awesome master suite. And in that suite our master bathroom HAD to have a nice big tub. When we found our house I immediately fell in love with the corner tub and it was my favorite thing in the room. Well we decided to redo it and change out the tile and now I love the bathtub 10x more! I seriously cannot stop looking at it, it's so pretty and I love the outcome!

This is the before picture. There is nothing wrong with it, just dated and very blah. There was no glam to it at all.

This is how we did it. We did the demo while we were taking off our floors. But we took off the tiles and then put on backer board onto the tub.

Then we put on some fun white tiles for the front of the tub.

Then we added some long mosaic tiles onto the back splash and the top of the tub.

We then grouted, caulked and sealed the tiles. Then we painted and decorated the tub area and now we have a spa like tub! I have a very detailed tutorial on my blog that has all the product links and all the instructions on how we tiled the bathtub, so make sure you check it out if you have questions or want to see more pictures of the bathtub!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Kaysi Gardner

• Melody

Great job with updating...but why a clock over your tub? The last thing I would want is to look at a clock while soaking in the tub. Time should be the last thing to think about while having a spa day!
    • Kristin

I was thinking the same thing - no way to relax watching the time!

• Phyllis Ward

What about an access door for the faucet/spout....if you have a problem the tile will have to be torn out

• Peggy

It there a way to take out a row of tile in a shower and replace it with a decorated tile.

• Julie Nutt

But you do have the height to do tile above the fiberglass... if nothing else, use the white tile all the way around to the ceiling. or carry the accent tile around and up the wall to the top and turn to go around the top of shower would tie the two together.

• CC

great job!!

• Patsy47

SOOO GLAD YOU GOT RID OF ALL THAT NASTY BROWN TILE !

BEAUTIFUL JOB...ENJOY!!🍾🥂