How to Tile a Bathtub to Make It Look Like a Spa

$150

When we were looking to buy our house one of the major things that we were looking for was an awesome master suite. And in that suite our master bathroom HAD to have a nice big tub. When we found our house I immediately fell in love with the corner tub and it was my favorite thing in the room. Well we decided to redo it and change out the tile and now I love the bathtub 10x more! I seriously cannot stop
how to tile a bathtub to make it look like a spa

This is the before picture. There is nothing wrong with it, just dated and very blah. There was no glam to it at all.

This is how we did it. We did the demo while we were taking off our floors. But we took off the tiles and then put on backer board onto the tub.

Then we put on some fun white tiles for the front of the tub.

Then we added some long mosaic tiles onto the back splash and the top of the tub.

We then grouted, caulked and sealed the tiles. Then we painted and decorated the tub area and now we have a spa like tub! I have a very detailed tutorial on my blog that has all the product links and all the instructions on how we tiled the bathtub, so make sure you check it out if you have questions or want to see more pictures of the bathtub!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 09, 2018 10:45 PM - More info
Kaysi Gardner

• Melody

Great job with updating...but why a clock over your tub? The last thing I would want is to look at a clock while soaking in the tub. Time should be the last thing to think about while having a spa day!

• Kaysi Gardner

Well it’s a broken clock, so it’s just for decoration and I just liked how it looked in the space

• Phyllis Ward

What about an access door for the faucet/spout....if you have a problem the tile will have to be torn out

• Ram31689557

It there a way to take out a row of tile in a shower and replace it with a decorated tile.

• Julie Nutt

But you do have the height to do tile above the fiberglass... if nothing else, use the white tile all the way around to the ceiling. or carry the accent tile around and up the wall to the top and turn to go around the top of shower would tie the two together.

• Alice

Great job !!!

• Kim10327371

My daughter and soninlaw are in the process of remodeling there second bathroom.

Wow this is superb, very professional.

They should totally do this with my help of course.

K😄