Repurpose a Hutch & Desk Into A Potting Bench and Beverage Station

I love repurposing furniture and I also love furniture that serves double-duty! This project that I did as a birthday gift for my mother is an example of both. I repurposed my great-grandmother's hutch and my childhood desk into a piece of furniture that can start off as a potting station and then turn into a beverage station when the party gets started!
Both pieces of furniture had been sitting in my storage building and needed some love. I started off by giving both pieces of furniture a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White. After that, I watered down the left-over turquoise paint and gave both pieces of furniture a blue-wash. The term blue-wash was totally made up, but it’s simply brushing on the watered-down blue paint then wiping some it off with a slightly damp rag. After lightly distressing, the desk and hutch were protected with a couple of coats of exterior polyurethane. This gift will be going on my mother's covered porch so it'll need some protection from the elements.
For the beverage station, I added a wine glass rack and used jigsaw to make a hole big enough to slip a 10 quart chafing pan inside for holding ice and beverages.
Once the party is over, you can cover the chafing dish with a simple tray made from a piece of wood and a couple screen door handles. Tools and buckets can be hung from the wine glass holder with S-hooks.
Tell me in the comments other ways you could reuse this hutch and desk. I love hearing your ideas!

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South