Vertical Herb Garden for a Small Porch

My front porch isn't all that big but it gets great sun for potted plants. So I created a vertical herb garden that doubles as Spring decor this year. Click HERE for the entire background story!
Vertical decor works best on my front porch, as space is limited. So, when I spotted this standing shower caddy (which was in really good shape) at a secondhand home store, I decided it would work wonderfully as a vertical herb garden!
After successfully cleaning it ( Check out how I cleaned it HERE! ), I decided to spray paint it a dark bronze to set it off nicely against the pale colors of my front porch.
There- that's perfect! It's really a pretty color up close- with a little shimmer and a great vintage look.
But back to the herb garden! I successfully transplanted my seedlings (from Phase 1 of my herb garden series) into 5" pots which were a great fit in my shower-caddy-turned-vertical-herb-garden.
And there you have it! A vertical herb garden that doubles as a vintage-y Spring vignette on my front porch. The caddy is ideal for this and actually, I'd love to find another one just like it. :) Happy Spring!

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Sadie Seasongoods

• Diane mahan
    Diane mahan

love it! Maybe I could hang a shower caddy? I'll try &let you know :)

• Millie
    Millie

Is this shower caddy marketed for the shower? Looks like it would be dangerous in the shower. Are they sold online?

• Susan Fillingim
      Susan Fillingim

Millie, she has hung a rake upside down at the top for her garden gloves, etc., & made a multi pot holder OUT OF A SHOWER CADDY sold at department stores, etc., but can be found at thrift stores. I have at least 3 in the garage ready for the thrift store. Cute job, Sadie. Thanks for sharing!

• Amy
    Amy

Could you use coconut liners?

• Sadie Seasongoods
      Sadie Seasongoods

I don't see why not! It would just depend on the depth of your shower caddy vs. the thickness of the coconut mats (some are pretty thick).

• Kathie Lantz
    Kathie Lantz

if you want another just like they make them in black so you wouldn't have to paint it. by the way great idea!

• Val
    Val

Love this idea!