Easy Summer Wreath in 5-Easy Steps

$40

I was looking to update our mantel with a new Summer Wreath. I wanted to work in one of my fave flowers, pink peonies. Using an oval grapevine wreath as a base, I used a combination of silks to create my One-of-a-Kind Summer Wreath.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
I chose an oval wreath because it worked best with my mantel, but any shape will do.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
I chose an assortment of REAL looking silks. The main flowers were peonies, though.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
Layer 1 was adding greenery to start. Visit my blog post below to see exactly how and why I started with this layer.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
Layer 2 was adding the first of the peonies. It starts out looking a bit odd, until you get to Layers 3 and 4.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
Layers 3 and 4 consists of adding filler. I used fern, Queen Anne's Lace and Dusty Miller. (all faux)
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
Thes elements complimented the peonies but did not compete with them.
easy summer wreath in 5 easy steps
This is the final result. I added a black and white bow and hanger. It's the perfect compliment to the other elements I have on my Summer Mantel. For more in-depth details on how to make your own Summer Wreath in 5-Easy Steps, simply click on the link below.

• Grapevine Wreath  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Assorted Silk Flowers  (Hobby Lobby)
  • (opt) Ribbon
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Denise

Very pretty. The sideways oval shape really gives it a unique look.

• Arleen

Great job! You have inspired me.