How a Girl Built Her Closet

Today I'm sharing how I totally rebuilt the interior of my closet to maximize storage, without breaking the bank!
The first step was to gut my existing closet and draw up a plan. I used graph paper and measured every square inch. I made it to scale by using one block for each foot. Then I drew up my plan.
I started on the back wall with the shoe shelving. From the outside, I used a nail gun to attach the shelves.
Then I moved to the left side...The starting point for this side was hanging the shelf support along the back, attaching it directly to the studs
I continued with the side pieces. I carried the side support pieces all the way to the shoe shelves so that I could screw it directly into the studs also. Then I added the shelf and hanging bar.
The basket shelves were next. You can see how they were built in the photo, with the left side supported by small shelf supports and the right side attached to a divider piece with a nail gun, from the outside.
The baskets hold all my undergarments, so I can get dressed completely right from my closet! So convenient since it's attached to the master bathroom.
I added shelving support and a hanging bar just as I did for the area below it.
The right side was started the same way, with the shelving support for the lower shelf. Then the middle shelf was added and so on.
This is not a huge closet, but a little planning goes a long way to make the most of this space! You'll find more details at the link below!

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• PJones

Where do you hang your dresses? I didn’t see an area to hang them. Do you fold them in half?

Thanks!

• Patti

My closet is extremely small. I think it’s a 2x2. Any suggestions? I have no closet space. U can’t even walk into this one. HELP!!! Awww

• Kimberly Lasseter Houston

Will you come to my house and do this to my closet?😃

• Bonbon

Bonbon

Your pre-planning was inspirational. You achieved Remarkable results, Brilliant!
  • Chris Wyland Soliday

That’s AMAZING!! Great job, absolutely love it❤️