Light Bulb Fairy Garden

$8.00

Hello lovelies! This is the perfect season for all things fairy garden, but instead of doing the typical fairy garden, how about we try something different...like a fairy garden in a light bulb!This is a super easy, quick, and adorable way to bring a fairy garden into your life for the season.
You won’t need much, just decorative fillers, a glass light bulb, some moss, glitter, and a little figurine all from Michael’s Arts and Crafts.
First, begin filling in the light bulb, don’t add too many rocks because you want to have room to see all the other pretty things in there you will be adding.
Next, put in a bit of moss for some greenery.
A little figurine or two is next. Just make sure it can fit in the light bulb. I used a butterfly! Then I add water, I don’t fill it all the way.
Next I start sprinkling glitter in, and you can add as much as you want into this.
Voila!

Now you have a super cute little water fairy garden, and when you shake it, you see the glitter moving around kind of like a snowglobe :)

• Extra Fine Glitter  (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
  • Ashland Fillers  (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
  • Water  (Sink)

• Rambie

Cute! What do you mean by seasonal? Only display in spring? If I create something I want it to last awhile!
    • Rambie

I live in Florida so I didn't think of it, Lolol :)
  • Jud5180371

How diduget the top off the lightbulb ?
    • LusciousAndrea Mehrer

Exactly! People use the brains God gave you! Buy them from a local craft store ebay,Etsy,amazon, or wish.com. Many times you just pay for shipping. You can buy all the stuff online and have it shipped. Try The Dollar Tree etc. If you want you can add those living moss balls too!
  • Linda Poirier

It is obvious not a regular light bulb because they are very fragile. You would not be able to get the top off without breaking it and also as soon as you fill it with stuff there it goes 'pop'. A light bulb is rounded on the bottom so it wouldn't stand on its own. Very misleading. Cute but it wouldn't work!
    • Donna

I saw craft light bulbs at hobby lobby. The glass is thicker/ flat

bottom and screw off top. I'm sure other places have them too.

• Sue Lilly

Very cute 🤗
  • Bub18374816

You can actually cut the middle out of a regular light bulb and a circle of hot glue on the base will solve the standing up issue, or drilk holes either side of metal and hang it.