DIY Mason Jar Dollar Store Craft

$2

You don't even need to get the jars from the Dollar Store - recycle old ones! These are the perfect touch to your backyard BBQ this Summer to add some DIY party decor and a pop of color. What fruit would you do!?
Gather your materials: whatever paint that matches the fruit you want to do, rope, twine, lace or whatever kind of ribbon for an extra detail, paint brushes and sand paper to make it a little rustic.
For this example, we are doing a watermelon so you'll paint the top 3/4 hot pink.
To the bottom 1/4 paint some lime green on it!
After that lime green dries, add a darker green right below it to mimic the rind.
Add some black watermelon seeds to around the jar and voila!
If you want to make it a little bit more rustic, grab some sandpaper and run it along whatever is sticking out further than the jar.
I added some twine and fell in love - what do you think?
The possibilities are endless with fruits and I cannot wait to see what you guys create. Don't forget to check out more Summer DIY's in my YouTube video below where I show you how to make watermelon Rose glasses and a Pinterest inspired sunhat.
I will be doing some pretty awesome wreaths this coming Monday June 12th 2 PM PST/5 PM EST on Hometalk's Facebook so be sure to subscribe, like and tune in. Don't forget to comment down below what you'd do differently or add to it! Sharing creativity only helps the rest of our awesome family here at Hometalk. Love you guys!

• Jars
  • Paint
  • Paint brushes

• Mammaw

My granddaughters made these for their other grandmother as a present. They were very pleased how they turned out. So sample thank you
  • Maude LaFountain

Two of my great granddaughter ages 7 & 5 made these when they were here this week ....here is a picture of them with their creations .....