DIY L-Shaped Farmhouse Wood Desk + Office Makeover

$100

Hey y'all! It's Lori! So, we have lived in our house for a little over a year but my office still wasn't finished! We DIY'ed the shiplap wall & the built-in bookcases but I still felt it wasn't complete. I needed a desk! I was on the hunt for the perfect desk... nowhere to be found! Then, I realized... Darryl & I could make this! I drew out what my vision was and my hubby said he could do it. In the video below, I show the whole transformation of my office!
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools!
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools! We like to draw out any DIY ideas we have. Well, I attempt to draw it out so Darryl can understand what I mean, he takes over and uses his artistic ability to draw it out... lol!
We legit spend at least 1 hour picking wood out. We have a process of the grain, color and all that. Also, we make sure the wood isn't warped. That's no bueno.
This was the design I chose for the desk top. I wanted something different. I loved the way it came out!
These Farmhouse legs are absolutely stunning. When I saw this, I was just in love. I couldn't wait to see my desk come together!
I felt if we framed the desk in, it would look better. I'm so glad I told Darryl to do this, it ended up making the desk look more complete.
It was my time to shine and stain this bad boy!
It's time to assemble it!
This is the finished look! I absolutely love it! It really makes my office feel so complete and rustic chic!

If you want to see the desk more, make sure you go check out my YouTube video!

Hope y'all liked it ;)

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Everything Red For Canada Day

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuRR4VH17s

• Crystal

Do you have a set of plans available for this desk?
  • BillyandTeresa Saranthus

do you have plans for this?

• Jre28201364

I love this! The legs are the star of the project . Will you provide plans?
  • Htw29489826

HI Lori, do you sell the plans for this L desk?

Thanks
  • Marion Rainey Avery

Are your boards all glued together or have you nailed it in some places. I mean for the top of the desk. By the way, it is beautiful!
    • Diesel Anderson

by what it looks like it was nailed to the "studs"/support on the bottom side of the desk by finish nails
  • Brittney

Beautiful!! will you be sharing the plans?
  • Courtney

do you have the deminsions I would love to make this desk
  • Amanda Lee

Would you provide us with measurements/plans please? TIA
  • Whitney

Hello,
    Would I be able to put in an order for a desk to be made by your husband?
  • Diesel Anderson

what are the dimensions and the type of wood used????
  • Diesel Anderson

i want to biuld this for my gaming setup but i need the dimensions and type of wood used please
  • Demari Monico

Will you be sharing specs, plans, etc? If not could you let me know so I can try to find another diy desk with plans? I really love this desk and would love to have my husband make it but if he had some idea of cuts etc it would make it that much easier.
  • Tj Brooks

Do you have plans for this desk?

• LIz

Do you have plans for this desk!? I love it and want to make it for my classroom!

• Justin

Do you have plans you would share for this desk

• Ashley Lange

I LOVE this desk! I asked my husband to build a similar one for me and so far he’s been successful! We do have one question... can you provide a suggestion and/or image of the support you created underneath the desk? We just need to determine a good way to get more support for the corner (where the two legs of the “L” meet) underneath so it stays level and we don’t have to worry about it collapsing if a substantial amount of weight is applied to it.

Thabk you for sharing your work and for any advice in advance!!

• Charles Michael Bolander

Is there a “cut list” available for this desk?

• Larry shriver

Make your table to whatever dimensions you want it to be, and figure it out from that…..length, width, height. I always figure it out on paper first when I am going to build something; design, detail, etc.

• Kathleen

Good afternoon. I was hoping you had plans for this beautiful desk?

• Gflores

Where can I find the material list and dimensions for the table tour table is beautiful. I went thru all the comments and I don’t see where you listed any of the building info. Anything will help, please.

• Stuart
    9 hours ago

How much did you spend in this table?? Thanks

• Katie Walling

Did you also make the shelves that are in the office and how can I get the planes for both of them? Thanks

• James

Hi I really love this office desk

Can you give me the measurements and I photo of under the desk please.