Easy DIY Personalized Doormat

$10

I hate spending a lot of time hunting for the perfect home decor and accessories. This is why, normally, I just decide to make something myself. That way I can get exactly the look I am going for. This DIY stenciled doormat was the exact same story!
I collected all the required supplies. (affiliate) a plain coir doormat, my collection of oops paints and painters tape.
I first marked off the pattern with a sharpie and then taped it off in an herringbone pattern. I did only one side. I will tell you why in a minute
I cut out a "G" stencil and placed it in the middle. I painted the herringbone pattern in various colors without any specific pattern making sure to not go over the stencil.
To cut the stencil, I didn't use any special cutting machine. You can take a look at how I did it on my blog.
I love how the doormat turned out! It is the perfect of touch of color and personalization and looks amazing on my front porch. I gave the front porch a quick refresh a few weeks ago including a quick clean, DIY tiered planter, easy planter update and a 5 minute spring wreath. Check out all about it and also see some more pictures of the doormat in the blog post!

• Coir doormat  (Target)
  • Various latex paints  (hardware store)
  • Painters tape  (hardware store)

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Anika Gandhi

• Sharon Brown Davis
    Sharon Brown Davis

You know, my neighbor is a quilter and I wanted to make her one of these also. Trying to come up with quilting pattern. Maybe tape it off and uh lets see use stamps and fill them in?????
  • Arlene
    Arlene

You never said why you only taped off one side of the mat. I also wish you had taken a picture of the mat looking straight down at it like the before and during photos. I can't really see the whole thing from that angle. It looks very pretty, just wish there was a better picture.