Anika Gandhi
Anika Gandhi
  • Cypress, CA

Easy DIY Personalized Doormat

$10

I hate spending a lot of time hunting for the perfect home decor and accessories. This is why, normally, I just decide to make something myself. That way I can get exactly the look I am going for. This DIY stenciled doormat was the exact same story!
easy diy personalized doormat
I collected all the required supplies. (affiliate) a plain coir doormat, my collection of oops paints and painters tape.
easy diy personalized doormat
I first marked off the pattern with a sharpie and then taped it off in an herringbone pattern. I did only one side. I will tell you why in a minute
easy diy personalized doormat
I cut out a "G" stencil and placed it in the middle. I painted the herringbone pattern in various colors without any specific pattern making sure to not go over the stencil.
To cut the stencil, I didn't use any special cutting machine. You can take a look at how I did it on my blog.
easy diy personalized doormat
I love how the doormat turned out! It is the perfect of touch of color and personalization and looks amazing on my front porch. I gave the front porch a quick refresh a few weeks ago including a quick clean, DIY tiered planter, easy planter update and a 5 minute spring wreath. Check out all about it and also see some more pictures of the doormat in the blog post!

• Coir doormat  (Target)
  • Various latex paints  (hardware store)
  • Painters tape  (hardware store)

Anika Gandhi

• Sharon Brown Davis

You know, my neighbor is a quilter and I wanted to make her one of these also. Trying to come up with quilting pattern. Maybe tape it off and uh lets see use stamps and fill them in?????
  • Arlene

You never said why you only taped off one side of the mat. I also wish you had taken a picture of the mat looking straight down at it like the before and during photos. I can't really see the whole thing from that angle. It looks very pretty, just wish there was a better picture.