4th Of July USA Table Centerpiece/Spaghetti Sauce Jar Upcycle

$8

This centerpiece is easy, fun and a very inexpensive craft you can make for your 4th of July cookout or indoor party! Use things you already have around the house and turn your trash into treasure. All you need is food coloring, 3 empty glass jars, glue, glitter, and flowers.
This is the step by step video of this DIY. You can watch or just read the step by step I have provided for you below. Let's get started!
Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit (that's about 82 degrees Celsius)
4th of july usa table centerpiece spaghetti sauce jar upcycle
Place white glue ( I used Mod Podge Gloss, but you can use whatever white glue you have) into two small mixing cups. I poured a little more than a 1/3 of the cup. You will only need two because one jar will stay clear.
Mix food coloring in the color red in one and blue in the other. You can put as many drops as you want. The more you put, the darker it will be. I wanted mine to be dark so I added about 10 drops.
Make sure to mix both of them well. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and if you have a grill grate, place that on top of the parchment paper. The grate is not necessary. It just helps with the messy drippings. If you don't have a grate, place it directly onto the parchment paper. Grab a jar and pour all of one color mix into it.
Spin the jar around to coat the inside. If you find you need more glue, just mix a little more. Use a brush to coat the remainder of the jar if needed.

Place upside down onto the grate/parchment paper and do the same with the remaining color. Let them sit until they stop dripping. Remove the jars, replace the parchment paper and clean the grate. Clean the rims of the jars with a paper towel and place them back, upside down, onto the newly lined baking sheet.

Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Half way through, using oven mitts, remove the parchment paper and grate. Place the jars right side up back onto the baking sheet. Place back into the oven for the remainder of time. When the timer stops, shut OFF the oven and let them sit until cool to the touch. When they come out you might see some spots are still white but that's okay. It will eventually go away.

Now it's time to trace the letters onto the jars. I found mine on Google and printed them out at 60% size. Cut them out so they fit in the jars.
Place the letters inside the jars and trace them with a marker. I used the U on the blue jar, the S on the clear and the A on the red jar. Be careful when removing the letters as they might stick to the color, remove slowly.

Fill in each letter with glitter. Red for the U, white for the S and blue for the A.
Spread the glue and sprinkle the glitter. Let it dry, brush off any excess and repeat if desired.
Now glitter all the rims to match the letters. Let that dry and now you have beautiful, sparkly, USA jars for your 4th of July table. This is so cheap and comes out so pretty. Plus you are using jars that you would have likely thrown away.
Finally, add some red, white and blue flowers and now you really have an eye catching unique centerpiece for your table.  So fun and different! If you like my craft and want to learn more, come say hi to me over on my YouTube channel and check out some of my other DIYs. Thanks for stopping by and Happy 4th everyone!!   

• Food coloring (Red & Blue)
  • Flowers
  • Glitter (Red & Blue)

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFUr1YbyBfjFKxmhbr_Gfg