Craft Room Organization

$20

I had been trying to figure out how to store my craft paints for a while. I wanted to be able to have easy access and see their colors. I wanted it EASY, convenient and pretty.
For a full tutorial >>> http://todayscreativeblog.net/craft-room-storage-ideas/
See Tutorial on TodaysCreativeLife.com
I bought the PVC Pipe fittings instead of buying one long pipe and having it cut. The only thing that I don't like about the pipe fittings is the middle has a ridge. But I've managed to work around it.
They have special PVC Pipe glue, but I have so much E6000 and thought it would work just as well.
I can fit 6 to 7 paint bottles in each pipe. Although I have a LOT more paint than this, I plan on making a few more of these and possibly hanging on the wall somehow. We'll see.

Today's Creative Life- Kim Demmon

• Kate Mosier

How did you attach them to the wall?

• Ashley

To attach them to the wall, I'd take some L brackets and attach them to the top and bottom corners of the structure (whatever shape you decide to go with) so the part that attaches to the wall is behind the paint and screw it to the wall. Either that, or attach your structure to some wood and screw it to the wall.

• Lily'sMom

size of PVC pipe

• Lily'sMom

I thought this was a great idea. I went to Lowes and bought 4" PVC couplings. I was disappointed to find I could only fit 5, 2 oz bottles of paint in each one. How did you fit 7? Going to a 6" PVC would take up too much wall space, as I have over 100 bottles.

• Leslie

Kim the ridge inside the fitting was an inadvertent good thing. It allows you to get your fingers in there to pull the paint bottles out ? Otherwise it may have been too tight a fit??? Anyway it is a terrific Idea!!! I was thinking the same thing as MK with the L brackets and you could rest the second row arms on them, or if you add two more fittings under the second row you could rest the bottom row on the brackets :) Two thumbs up :)

• Deedeem

my husband is cutting me some in different lengths from a long 4 " pvc pipe. some for paints and other lengths for things like felt pens. so love this idea! thanks for sharing!