- 1×4 hemlock lumber (We used hemlock because we loved the modern feel, but you could use cedar or another wood for your area)
- 4 X 5/4 cedar (For upright posts) (you could use 2×4’s) (There has been some confusion about this measurement... It it 4 inch wide, 5/4 (1 1/4 Inch) deep lumber.)
- Black drywall screws (The folks at Home Depot recommended some coated ones they say won’t rust!)
- Landscape construction adhesive (We used Liquid Nails heavy duty)
- Ikea storage containers (from kitchen storage), different sizes – Smallest ones are called “SUNNERSTA” and are only .79! Medium and large size are a mystery as to the name, but there is a photo of the label below with the number so you can find it. They ranged from 4-7 bucks, and all of these containers had built in “hooks” for hanging on a kitchen bar system. There are likely a range of these kinds of containers that would work.
- “Plasti Dip” rubberized spray paint from dipyourcar.com believe it or not!
- Wood penetrating oil and stain (We used PPG Timeless in Cedar, make sure you use one for exterior use!)
- Power saw
Suggested materials for this project:View All Materials
Have a question about this project?Ask a Question
This is a winner for my nightmare wall in the tropics after Hurricane Maria. How many wood is needed to cover this area: 13’ x 5’ leaving 1” betwe...
I absolutely love this modern fence look. We are moving to a house with an ugly metal fence around the entire backyard and it doesn’t give us enoug...