Mike Montgomery
Mike Montgomery
  • Oklahoma City, OK

HOW TO BUILD A GREENHOUSE

$400

This greenhouse is a relatively simple design and is a great project if you're jusr getting started with construction materials and framing. Framed completely from 2x4's this sturdy greenhouse is completely customizable to fit your needs. Want a bigger greenhouse? Go for it. Need a smaller greenhouse? Pare this design down to just the right size for you. All the written instructions follow along with the included build video to help everything make more sense. Lets get started!
All the written instructions follow along with the included build video to help everything make more sense. Lets get started!
how to build a greenhouse
The wall are constructed using really basic construction methods. I spaced the studs 24" on center.
how to build a greenhouse
Once i had four walls I stood them up and connected them together. I used clamps to hold everything in place while standing them up.
how to build a greenhouse
The roof is made up of three triangular supports that 2x4'rafters' are connected to.
how to build a greenhouse
how to build a greenhouse
I got some help from some friends to lift the roof into place once it was built. I used screws to attach it to the rest of the frame.
how to build a greenhouse
The shelf system (more info in video) is tied into the studs to make everything more sturdy.
how to build a greenhouse
There are definitely cheaper options, but I chose to use clear corrugated panels.
how to build a greenhouse
how to build a greenhouse
Thanks a lot or checking out the project. Obviously this was a really big project and hard to fit into a photo slideshow, so be sure and check out the video and written article on RyobiNation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwOmUN5B4FY

To see more: http://www.modernbuilds.com/

• Dawn Renee' Lemons Freeman

As a native Texan, I curious--did you anchor it to the ground in case of tornadoes or high wind?

Love this, BTW! A friend and I have been talking about greenhouses all week!
  • DORLIS

do you plan on heating it in the winter? I would love to have a place for my house plants in the winter, but in Midssouri, would have to heat.
  • Catherine Reardon

How many 2x4s did you use? What is your material list?