Clara Nicole
Clara Nicole
  • San Antonio, TX

Summer Flamingo Wreath

$45

Summer is a time for fun and tackling those DIY projects. This cute Felicia Flamingo wreath is the perfect DIY to jazz up your front door.
Vine Branch Wreath from Craft store
Vine Branch Wreath from Craft store
I used an 18" Vine branch wreath from Hobby Lobby. You can find these at any craft store.
Felicia Flamingo from Shut the Front Door
This adorable wooden sign was designed by "Shut the Front Door Virtual Hangers & Paint". They design door hangers and have virtual paint parties. Check them out on Facebook here...https://www.facebook.com/stfdoorhangers/
Felicia's Back
Felicia's Back
To secure Felicia Flamingo to the wreath, I hot glued scrap ribbon where I wanted to place 2 pipe cleaners. It will create a buffer so the stapler wont go thru the wood. I then stapled the pipe cleaners over and put some hot glue over for added security.
Secure Felicia on the wreath
Secure Felicia on the wreath
To secure Felicia to the wreath, pull the pipe cleaners thru the vine and twist and tuck the excess in the back or use your wire cuts to clip off the extra pipe cleaners.
Make 2 bows
Make 2 bows
There are plenty of bow-making tutorials on YouTube and Pinterest. See which bow you'd like to try and make 2 bows for the wreath. I used 1.5" & 2" wired ribbons to make 2 triple bows and twisted in place with a pipe cleaner.
Bow Placement
Bow Placement
Secure the bows the same way you did Felicia. Cut off or tuck away excess pipe cleaners.
Greenery and florals
Greenery and florals
I picked up some greenery and matching florals from Hobby Lobby and Michael's. Clip them off the bunch with wire cutters.
Greenery first
Greenery first
I started with the various greenery first. You may hot glue the stems and place into the vine and cut off excess stems in the back, or simply just push thru with no hot glue. If you hot glue the stems, they will remain in place very well.
Matching florals
Matching florals
Stick matching florals as desired like so. You may also hot glue or just place and cut off excess.
Bow shaping
Bow shaping
Since the ribbon is wired, go ahead and reshape your bows like so.
Finished Felicia Flamingo
Finished Felicia Flamingo
After you reshape the bows, you may cut off any excess stems in the back. Your Felicia Flamingo Wreath is now ready to bring smiles on your front door.

• Felicia Flamingo  (https://www.facebook.com/stfdoorhangers/)
  • Vine wreath, greenery & florals  (Hobby Lobby & Michaels)
  • Hot glue gun, glue sticks, wire cutters, scissors  (Any craft store)
Clara Nicole

1 comment

Very cute wreath! Bright, colorful, and fun. Made me smile.