Outback Shack Wall Backyard

$60

Ongoing projects in my Outback Shack backyard dedicated to my Ozzie husband. It seems it's never ending but so far it's low budget, with much more planned. This is my Outback Shack Wall that turns into a movie screen when in need. The wall offers many functions, by day it's an memorabilia wall of special collected items of my late father. The other side of the wall, it stores unsightly things that you don't want to show in your back yard. We are currently in the process of building a shed . This is my view from my back door so far.
outback shack wall backyard
Two 12' fence panels recycled are awaiting the concrete to cure.
outback shack wall backyard
These two fence panels I chose to run them horizontal. A fire pit area is in front of these panels but excuse the mess while these panels cure in concrete.
outback shack wall backyard
The wall begins to have a few memorable pieces. Old Car tags of my family. The right wall pallet built flower holders for color.
outback shack wall backyard
The wall all decked out. It's still a work in progress as I want to add a colored pallet frame for the skull. My pallet table is in the way because we used it while working. Progress for the "Out Back Shack"!
outback shack wall backyard
We made a screen from this material and grommets. We hung hooks and screws for this movie screen and it works GREAT!
outback shack wall backyard
Our Movie screen at a distance. Watching Yard Crasher here even if they are re runs!
outback shack wall backyard
The hard scape I am awaiting for the ground, The fire pit area will have seating and pea gravel. It is a process! The wall will be changing its contents. I'm not pleased with the colors of the pallets, I just reused them from another area that I had built. I have a plan now of three colors. The Australian flag. I will be going with the blue to unify the space and using red as pops of colors. But for now they will work. You can see the stones as they are a work in progress, these stones hold many childhood memories, collected on family vacations each year. They are not in place as of yet. The old wash tub, was my grandfathers I plan on placing more plantings in it and mulching this area. All in all it's looking a little cluttered, but I am in hopes of when it all is finished, I can change a few things around to complete the look of what is in my head.
outback shack wall backyard
We added lights! 3-10 Feet conduit Poles that fit into hammered into ground 2' pvc pipes. (I bought four poles not knowing how it was going to work only used three). Plan well before you buy! Two strands of 100 foot lights (Big lots $20 bucks) and drilled couplings at the top of the poles to hold the strands. Great family nights spent here!
outback shack wall backyard
We also used this handy dandy idea found right here on HomeTalk! Thanks! It works well! Set up has never been so fast now!
outback shack wall backyard
Side view of the outback shack wall.
outback shack wall backyard
Side view of the wall

• Recycled fence panels  (curb)
  • Collected family car tags and signs  (family)
  • Lights and poles  (Lowes and Big Lots)

To see more: http://www.hometalk.com/outbackshack

• Hillela G.

So cool! I love that you used a drop cloth for this!
    • Deborah

Thanks Hillela! We love our screen...it's awesome to be outside and watch movies or TV! We have a firestick that we plug in to our projector so the possibilities are endless.

• Sheila Crighton

I love love love this theme.. colours... use of old and new.