Belt Organizer

$5

A simple. easy, throw together belt organizer for all those wild and crazy belts! My belt collection was a mess, and I needed a quick fix so I could locate any belt in a New York minute. Here's my solution.
This is how I had all my belts, just hanging over the hook portion of the hanger.. My gosh, how was I supposed to find the belt I wanted in a flash? Whatta mess.
I decided to use the wooden hanger that I was initially using, along with some cup hooks. Those handy cup hooks. You can use them to organize so many things! I have eleven belts, so I needed eleven spaces.
Since I needed eleven spaces, I needed to center one of the cup hooks. That was the only "hard" part to this project, if I had to pick one! I just moved it over a bit from the center hook portion so I wouldn't crack the hanger. I used a hammer and nail to help create the holes for the hooks to screw in.
Here are all the hooks in place. I even have the pant rod portion of the hanger available to fold more belts over, if I get any more. Or maybe I could use this rod to put some of my scarves on? I've also used this technique to make a tie holder for our sons' and my husbands' ties. You can even add cup hooks to the opposite side of the hanger and have twice as many spots to hang belts, scarves, or ties.
All neat and organized, ready to be worn in a flash.

• Wooden Hanger  (Kmart)
  • Cup hooks  (Lowes)

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• Gin14772043

The belt idea is great. I need the tie hanger! Would you use nails? Whatever you use for the ties would have to be long so they won't slip off
    • Cassie Swihart

Use the L shaped hooks. They screw in too but have a straight edge that would work for ties and bigger belt buckles. Could also use a wooden curtain rod.
  • Sally Myers

Do yo put hooks on front and back of hanger
    • SpudBread

IF you pre-drill small pilot holes the cup hooks should NOT split the wooden hanger. Use alternate spacing between hooks, one side to the other-- will also help to prevent hazards!

• Vivian

Great idea! Simple and functional.

• SpudBread

TOTALLY INSPIRED IDEA! I have had belt hanging problems for years -- not any more-- thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You've saved my closet (in)sanity!!! I've tried all sorts of things ... THIS is the GRAND PRIZE WINNER!!!!