Kelleysdiy
Kelleysdiy
  • Palm Springs, CA

Laundry Room Painted Sink

$35

So I’m getting the house ready for sale and find myself looking all around the house for projects that have to be done. Yesterday, I had a pretty productive day!
The first project I wanted to get done was the laundry sink. It is a mess!!
laundry room painted sink
This will be interesting to see if it cleans up well.This sink is used for everything!I first washed, scrubbed, the sink, and above is what it looked like when it was all cleaned.
laundry room painted sink
There is a very strong odor. Keep a window open, and a fan on, and wear a mask. I wore a respirator mask, didn’t smell a thing. Do not use a roller or a foam brush. Use a poly brush. Do not shake the can, you will end up with bubbles!  Instead, use a paint stick to stir slowly.  It is a bit thicker than paint. I started in the back of the sink on top by the faucet. Be sure to mask off your faucet with painters tape. Brush one way. You only have a little bit of time for it too become sticky so make sure you fix  any drips.
First Coat looks pretty good already. If the sink wasn't so bad in the beginning, I could have gone with just one!
This is what my sink looks like now…It may look a little yellowish, it’s coming from the light above. I loved the way it came out so much….I painted the front and legs too!
laundry room painted sink
Doesn’t it look Brand New!!!   So what did I use? Rustoleum Specialty Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit!  This is a great product:
Beautiful...and it will last for years!! Just let it cure without using for 72 hrs.
Each kit will cover 2 sinks or a bathtub!
laundry room painted sink
Doesn't it look amazing! It takes about 72 hours to cure before I use it! It will last for years and years! One kit does either 2 sinks or 1 bathtub. Wonderful product!

• Rustoleum Specialty Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit  (Amazon)
  • Brush  (Already had)
  • Mask/Respirator  (Amazon)

Kelleysdiy