Custom Built in Shelves

$40

How to get built in shelves for under $40
These custom built in shelves turned out amazing. I did not get a chance to take any photos in the process of building the built in shelf but I did make a very descriptive video for you guys to enjoy. (scroll down)
Before starting I was super skeptical about piecing this shelf together. In fact so skeptical I had the wood lying around for a month before I got around to touching it.  hehe. Then finally one morning I set out on a mission to bring my vision to life.  Ok.. so the crate style was not planned. In fact  I didn’t even know this method would work. It wasn’t until I was done with the shelf that I realized it kind of looked like a jumbo sized crate.  Yes I was a bit worried about the sturdiness of the shelf considering it was literally pieced together and guess what.. That sucker is sturdy as a tree. Not wobbly whatsoever. Mission complete. A+.   (yes I’m patting myself on the back right now  )
Let’s talk ” budget”. When I made my run to the homedepot I calculated how much this custom shelf would cost me and I was looking at a little under $75 to make it all out of solid boards instead of piecing the boards together.  Unfortunately that was out of my budget. So that’s when I got all creative and decided to use the cheapest common wood boards that I believe were $1.68 each. WIN WIN..  I thought  until I got home lay them out and freaked out. LOL  Forward a month and I got sick of looking at them. I figured they’d either rot or get ruined by me.  Both just as bad, but there was that slight chance my idea would work so.. I went for it!!
Yes the total cost of this built in shelf was under $40.  How awesome is that!!
I love the paneling. It definitely gives the room the perfect amount of rustic feel.   
Here's the Video. Let me know what you guys think!! We had a blast making it. :
----------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys like this tutorial you can see more awesome DIY's on my blog at the link below

To SIGN UP for our newsletter click this link and 'Follow' along to be sure you don't miss a DIY!'
_________________________________________________

Thank you for Joining me today.  I hope you liked this DIY

Grip-Rite PTN212S1 2-1/2-Inch 8 Coarse Thread Exterior Screw with...

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Lily Oleynik

• Grandma D

I have a very narrow section of wall in my galley kitchen. I'm going to look for wood that will work for that area and build something there. Thank you for the inspiration. 😊

• Cerise Rieper

You did such a wonderful job!