Laundry Room With Curtains

$5

My washer and dryer are in my kitchen. It drives me crazy. And until we get to remodeling that part of the house, I needed a temporary fix! So with a few failed attempts at covering them up, I was finally successful with this idea. I wanted to make this as inexpensive as I possibly could. I went to the Dollar Store for the curtain rods and the shower curtain rings. And for the curtains themselves, I scoured the thrift stores for fabric. And without any luck I went through old curtains I had from our previous home that didn't fit the windows of our new (work in progress) home. I found the length I needed (84") and went to work. I knew I wouldn't be using these curtains again so I wasn't hesitant to cut little slits in them to put the curtain rings thru. I first hung the curtain rods from the ceiling. Using a measiring tape to get the exact width and a simple piece of string to help keep everything in line. One those were in place I layed the curtains on the floor stacked one on top of another. I cut slats for 3 curtain rings per panel. And that was it. Hung them up and walked away! I completely love the temp fix to hide the washer and dryer before we can relocate them to the basement.
Side Note: I strongly recommend the curtain rings. They make opening and closing the curtains extremely easy. I originally had the curtains hung without the rings and could barely pull them open. Not to mention they came up short in length. The rings make all the difference!!
Thanks for checking out my post!!!!

Before picture. As you can see, it's not pretty to look at.
Hung a cheap $2.50 curtain rod on the ceiling.
Made sure to purchase the extra long width and length.
Bought $2 worth of shower curtain rings at the dollar store.
I used curtains I already owned and didnt plan on using anywhere else in the house. I cut slats in the top part of them to slip the rings thru.
Done!!!
The rings make it very easy to open and close the curtains when not in use.
Finished product!!!
I am in love!
Temporarily of course. 😉

To see more: https://m.facebook.com/kimberkersey#!/kimberkersey

• Marcy

What about Tension Rods?

• Tammy

you could trim the bottom of the curtain so it doesn't drag the floor. Giving the illusion they are all the same length?

• Canaan Rice

You usually let them drape on the floor to give the illusion the ceiling is taller !

• Marie

I need a room divider about 30” wide and 4’ high to place between my cats litter box and food area any ideas?

• Susan

if you google it, you can see furniture examples that are litter boxes. Maybe they will give you ideas on making your own. I don’t think curtains are involved, just an opening in the back

• DeAnne

That’s a great idea! Good job!

• Katheryn

If you had another curtain with like a little green in the pattern, you could weave a strand of fake ivy up on top to cover the rod, etc... it would give a finished look i think, but that was a great idea with the rod up on the ceiling ;)