DIY Fall Flower Topiary

$10

Fall is just around the corner, and if you're looking for an easy, quick and affordable way to bring some beautiful autumn colors into your home, then this DIY fall topiary is just what you need! Using mostly Dollar Store materials, this topiary costs only a few dollars to make, but it looks like something that would sell for much more!

Let's start gathering the supplies and make this lovely topiary!

To make this fall flower topiary I used:

• Fall flowers – I got mine from Dollar Store as their fall flowers are affordable and look great in a topiary like this.
  • An 8 inch foam ball – the size is up to your desire, as anything from 6 inch to 10 inch will work. I made mine with an 8 inch ball, as that seemed like the best size for me.
  • A flower pot or an urn – I had a galvanized metal flower pot on hand, so I used that. If you like the galvanized look, Amazon has some nice ones.
  • Some hot glue.

Once I gathered all the materials, I started pulling all the different colors of flowers and the suitable greenery out of the picks.

fall is just around the corner if you are looking for an easy and affordable way

Then, one-by-one, I started hot gluing them on the foam ball.

...and I hot glued... and hot glued... and hot glued... ok, maybe this step sounds a bit tedious, but it is not. I promise, before you know it the foam ball gets filled with flowers. ;-)

And that was it. Such a lovely result for such an easy project, don't you agree?

Oh by the way, while I was shopping for the fall flowers, I also found some sisal twine at the Dollar Store and made these little sisal twine pumpkins. Isn't he the cutest pumpkins ever?

Here is a better picture of my sisal twine pumpkins for you!

You won't believe how easy they are, and they only take less than 5 minutes to make and costs less than a dollar each. No kidding!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to see how I made these pumpkins, CLICK HERE TO SEE THE STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL.

Ok, back to the topiary...

I wish I made one slightly bigger topiary, so it would fit perfectly in this urn. Well, I guess I’ll be visiting the Dollar Store once again – hahaha 

Talking about the easy and affordable crafts, check out these bottle lights. Aren't they lovely? Greg made these bottle lights in less than 10 minutes! Really - this is one of those "No Skill Required" type of projects!

They are the easiest DIY ever and even kids can do it. In fact making these fun bottle lights could be a perfect kid & parent activity. So what are you waiting for? Click on the link below and check them out! :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE TO SEE GREG's 10-MINUTE-DIY BOTTLE LIGHTS. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading and happy crafting!

Handan

• Foam ball
  • Hot glue

Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch

• Mandy Katz

Here in Northwest Florida, for outdoor decorating purposes "fall" starts in October and ends in March with a six week interval of "Christmas". So this will be part of the spruce up I do every year in January to alleviate the post-holiday blues. Thanks!
    • Mandy Katz

We snub winter around these paths. The seasons we acknowledge are summer, fall, Christmas and Mardi Gras. You have to decorate your Mardi Gras tree and its matching purple, gold and green door wreath to get in the mood for spring.

• Rhonda Suman-Parkhurst

the Idea is awesome! I would like to try with poinsettias for Xmas !