The Elegant Home
The Elegant Home
  • Eugene, OR

DIY Wool Dryer Balls-Eco Friendly Chemical Free

You will need:
6 Skeins of 100% Wool Yarn (Patons Classic 100 % Wool Yarnworks well. If you have the Michaels orJoAnn's Fabric 50% off coupons it's about $3.00 a skein)
1 Pair of old or new Panty Hose Stockings
1 large yarn needle
Scissors
Acrylic or Cotton Yarn
Your favorite essential oil (mine is lavender)

Directions:
*Wraps the wool yarn around two fingers about 10 times and
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, I scent my dryer balls with lavender my favorite scent
I scent my dryer balls with lavender, my favorite scent!
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, Patons 100 Classic Wool works very well
Patons 100% Classic Wool works very well.
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, Wrap the middle of the tens strands then fold in half and begin wrapping around the entire newly forming ball
Wrap the middle of the tens strands, then fold in half and begin wrapping around the entire newly forming ball.
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, It will take one skein of yarn to make a softball sized dryer ball
It will take one skein of yarn to make a softball sized dryer ball.
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, When you come to about the last 5 inches of yarn thread it though your large yarn needle Once threaded push the needle through the ball and pull it out the other end
When you come to about the last 5 inches of yarn, thread it though your large yarn needle.Once threaded push the needle through the ball and pull it out the other end.
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, Repeat this a few times then cut the remaining small piece left hanging out flush to the ball
Repeat this a few times, then cut the remaining small piece left hanging out flush to the ball.
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, Repeat these steps until you have 6 large wool dryer balls Inserts the balls into your two pantyhose stocking and using the acrylic yarn tie off each ball so they don t felt together
Repeat these steps until you have 6 large wool dryer balls. Inserts the balls into your two pantyhose stocking and using the acrylic yarn tie off each ball (so they don't felt together).
diy wool dryer balls eco friendly chemical free, cleaning tips, crafts, They will shrink a bit after felting Please read full post for full instructions
They will shrink a bit after felting. Please read full post for full instructions.
The Elegant Home

• Vmw14307797

I am incredibly sensitive to both chemical fragrances, and lambs wool. Can these be made with wool made from cotton?

• Susan Truxal

I can't find the rest of the directions about the felting of the yarn balls. Please help! Thanks

• The Elegant Home

If you click on the blog link it will show you how to felt them. I used a nylon stocking tied off with string or non wool yarn. Place in washer on hot an soak. Then wash and dry on hot in the nylon.