Katie
Katie
  • Newhall, CA

DIY Magic Blinds CLEANER // Dollar Tree Cleaning Hack

$5

Today we will be making a very simple diy dollar tre blinds cleaner. From the dollar store you need to buy are tongs, microfiber towels, rubber banks, dryer sheets and scrub buddies wet super refills. I will show you 2 different options for you to use depending on how dirty the blinds are.
diy magic blinds cleaner dollar tree cleaning hack
Let's get started! First we will cut that microfiber town in half
and start wrapping it around the end of Tong.

We are going to grab any little elastic rubber band that you can find around the house and place two of them over it securing it at the top and the bottom of the microfiber little wrap. 
Option 1 is the dry mop
Cut them in half and wrap one around each side of the tongs just like I did with the fabric.
I have so much dust and dirtiness on my blinds.
Use the tongs to slide across the Blinds for a great clean!
All I have to do is wipe each slit and when you're done dusting all the serious dust that clings can be thrown out. 
Option 2 
We will use a wet mop. Cut the sweeper cloth and then just as we did before, wrap them around the tongs and secure them with the rubber bands. 
If you haven't cleaned your blinds in a while I would recommend option 2.

The best part is the cleanup - so simple and easy. Just remove the rubber bands and toss the cloth or fabric in the trash. All clean! 
Watch video below for this hack in action
LET'S BE FRIENDS...
*Instagram: KatieSott
*Snapchat: Ksotty
*@KatieSottile
*Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ksottile/

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Links are to Amazon but you can also get the materials for this project from Dollar tree.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 14, 2018 11:47 PM - More info

• Stm71561

If you do wash in the tub then how do you dry them? I have tried hanging on the handhold rails in the tub but they just keep falling down? Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Good idea ! 👍👍I have vertical blinds...Argh. You try to clean they break or try to unclip them the clip breaks ! There so old ! Been in apartment almost 4 yrs and still waiting for new ones! Any ideas on quick clean up for these ?

• Terri Nelson

I lived in an apartment with vertical blinds. I would gently take them down and put them in my washing machine. A top loading washing machine. Run them thru a wash cycle. Let the water drain but make sure washer doesn't go into spin cycle. You can rinse them in a rinse cycle but make sure washer doesn't spin. They will drip water when removed so lay them on towel or blanket to dry. This worked for plastic blinds. I have no ea about blinds with cloth on them.

• Kathleen DeVries

Any suggestions for cleaning vertical fabric blinds?

• Brenda Koob

It works great on cleaning your ceiling fan blades. The dryer sheet also helps the dust from collecting quite so fast.

• Col30409433

I used to wash all the blinds in the tub. But I am now disabled and can’t do that. So once a year I buy new ones for about $2-$4 in Walmart or Home depot. Absolutely the best idea!

• Rose Paluka

Great Idea!!