Katie
Katie
  • Newhall, CA

DIY Magic Blinds CLEANER // Dollar Tree Cleaning Hack

$5

Today we will be making a very simple diy dollar tre blinds cleaner. From the dollar store you need to buy are tongs, microfiber towels, rubber banks, dryer sheets and scrub buddies wet super refills. I will show you 2 different options for you to use depending on how dirty the blinds are.
diy magic blinds cleaner dollar tree cleaning hack
Let's get started! First we will cut that microfiber town in half
and start wrapping it around the end of Tong.

We are going to grab any little elastic rubber band that you can find around the house and place two of them over it securing it at the top and the bottom of the microfiber little wrap. 
Option 1 is the dry mop
Cut them in half and wrap one around each side of the tongs just like I did with the fabric.
I have so much dust and dirtiness on my blinds.
Use the tongs to slide across the Blinds for a great clean!
All I have to do is wipe each slit and when you're done dusting all the serious dust that clings can be thrown out. 
Option 2 
We will use a wet mop. Cut the sweeper cloth and then just as we did before, wrap them around the tongs and secure them with the rubber bands. 
If you haven't cleaned your blinds in a while I would recommend option 2.

The best part is the cleanup - so simple and easy. Just remove the rubber bands and toss the cloth or fabric in the trash. All clean! 
Watch video below for this hack in action
LET'S BE FRIENDS...
*Instagram: KatieSott
*Snapchat: Ksotty
*@KatieSottile
*Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ksottile/

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Links are to Amazon but you can also get the materials for this project from Dollar tree.

• Janey

Name of vinyl fence cleaner applied with a garden hose??

• Lucy Marie Bernier

I have Vertical blinds that are as old as I’ve been possibly even before. Trying to take them down the clip that holds them up breaks. Or the blind itself breaks.... Argh ! I have an idea,but I think management won’t allow it.

Thinking of putting the clips that grab into the clips of the old vertical blind holder. Use a black out curtain ? Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

• Laurie Powell

I wanted curtains that had the winter backing on them for winter time , so I used the whole rod from my vertical blinds and attached small curtain hooks into the old slat holes. Now my curtain opens and closes and I didn’t have to put up a different rod!

• Lizzie

i have a very silly question can i used the dryer sheets that i used in the dryer or they have to be new,thanks,Lizzie

• The management has replacements. But if I wait for them to put them up. It would be way after the holidays. They already had them in storage for about 6 months. I think I’ll just get them and put them up myself !