DIY Magic Blinds CLEANER // Dollar Tree Cleaning Hack

174K Views
Today we will be making a very simple diy dollar tre blinds cleaner. From the dollar store you need to buy are tongs, microfiber towels, rubber banks, dryer sheets and scrub buddies wet super refills. I will show you 2 different options for you to use depending on how dirty the blinds are.
Time: 15 MinutesCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • diy magic blinds cleaner dollar tree cleaning hack
Let's get started! First we will cut that microfiber town in half
and start wrapping it around the end of Tong.

We are going to grab any little elastic rubber band that you can find around the house and place two of them over it securing it at the top and the bottom of the microfiber little wrap. 
Option 1 is the dry mop
Cut them in half and wrap one around each side of the tongs just like I did with the fabric.
I have so much dust and dirtiness on my blinds.
Use the tongs to slide across the Blinds for a great clean!
All I have to do is wipe each slit and when you're done dusting all the serious dust that clings can be thrown out. 
Option 2 
We will use a wet mop. Cut the sweeper cloth and then just as we did before, wrap them around the tongs and secure them with the rubber bands. 
If you haven't cleaned your blinds in a while I would recommend option 2.

The best part is the cleanup - so simple and easy. Just remove the rubber bands and toss the cloth or fabric in the trash. All clean! 
Watch video below for this hack in action
LET'S BE FRIENDS...
*Instagram: KatieSott
*Snapchat: Ksotty
*@KatieSottile
*Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ksottile/

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Links are to Amazon but you can also get the materials for this project from Dollar tree.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 4, 2018 11:57 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
  • Buy22964436
    Buy22964436

I just bought a house with 22, yes, 22 various window blinds!!! I was wondering how in the heck can I clean these (wasn't done before I moved in) and not have to take them down from the windows! This trick is awesome! Can't wait to try it!
    Thanks so much!

BB, Little Rapids, Newfoundland, Canada

• San32444551
        San32444551

We plan to buy another kind of window covering, honeycomb style, if they have sizes to fit. Menard's home supply chain, (if I can say that here) will cut them to fit but they will have to be long.Venetian blinds are a nightmare!

• Becki armington
        Becki armington

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!