Painted Wine Bottles - Wine Bottle Vases

$3

You won’t believe how easy it is to make these DIY painted Decorative Wine Bottles. Empty a few bottles of wine, and save the empty bottles for a fun upcyled craft. Make the perfect wine bottle vase for a simple centerpiece.
Gather your supplies. For this upcycle project, you will need: three empty wine bottles (drink up!), white spray paint, chalk paint (you can select any color of paint you like), and a paint brush.

First, clean and remove the labels form the wine bottles. Worried about pesky wine labels? Click here for the absolute easiest way to remove labels from wine bottles.
Spray paint the bottles white. Repeat several thin very layers for best results. I used 4 coats. You don’t want drips.

Then bust out the chalk paint! I just painted vertical strokes around the top and the bottom of the wine bottle.

Add a second coat for better coverage if you would like. Depending on the brand of chalk paint that you use, you may need to add a second layer. The navy paint covered with one coat, but the green took two.

Also – be careful as you paint around the bottle. I may have accidentally painted a few finger tips with chalk paint!
I think these painted wine bottles look fantastic as a stand-alone project...
...or as a vase for either fresh or faux florals.

Head over to my blog – The Crazy Craft Lady – for more upcycled DIY and craft projects.

• Glass bottles  (my wine rack!)
  • White spray paint  (craft store)
  • Chalk paint  (craft store)

The Crazy Craft Lady (Aimee)

• Patty

Is there a reason you used chalk paint instead of another kind? Alot of people use this, and I wanted to know if it makes any difference in the finish?
    • Charl

You can google diy chalk paint using Plaster of Paris...works great. Also sifting the POP helps it to be smooth. Best part you can make any color you like. I buy $3.00 sample sizes of paint. You will not believe how far it goes!! I painted a large accent table and an end table and still had half of an 8 ounce sample size of paint left over...and I did 2 coats on both tables and they were both a dark wood...no priming either!
  • Donna

I have green wine bottles what's the best paint for them