Thrift Store Coffee Table Makeover

46K Views
This year we have been renovating a family room for our home AND updating our living room at the same time with new furniture. This put me in the position to need not only one new coffee table but two, and on a limited budget. Of course, I headed to my nearest thrift store to find a coffee table in need of some love and attention. I was thrilled to find this small round table for only $30 for the family room.
Time: 4 DaysCost: $45Difficulty: Easy
  • thrift store coffee table makeover
Even though I like a black coffee table, for my modern style family room I really wanted something with a little more personality. I just knew that this little table would fabulous in either a bright yellow or orange color. Yellow won out for me. I found the right color in Waverly Chalk Paint in Maize.
  • thrift store coffee table makeover
Before applying the chalk paint, I first cleaned the table and used a deglosser product to remove the shiney finish. Then I applied a coat of white chalk paint as a base coat. Then I applied four layers of the yellow chalk paint and two coats of Waverly Clear Wax.
  • thrift store coffee table makeover
I love how bright and cheerful this little yellow table looks with my new modern chairs from Wayfair.
  • thrift store coffee table makeover
This is the first time I have used yellow on a piece of furniture but I don't think it will be my last. I love the look of this table.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Waverly Chalk Paint  (Walmart)
  • Waverly Clear Wax  (Walmart)
Donna Powell