Painted Dandelion Wall Graphic Tutorial #WallCandy

I know some of you may be intimidated by painting something graphic on your walls. But, I'm hoping if I break it down for you it won't look so hard.
Start by sketching out your design using chalk or pencil. I personally prefer chalk, but if your walls are too light you can use pencil.
From here on I'll show you the design using black paint on white paper (because it will be easier for you to see.)
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting, You will need a few different paint brushes These are the ones I used
You will need a few different paint brushes. These are the ones I used:
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting, Start by using the flat brush and paint the two stems first
Start by using the flat brush and paint the two stems first.
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting, Next use your round brush or liner to make the lines on the dandelion head Lightly set the brush on the wall and drag it away from the center in a straight line Think of it like drawing a very large asterisk on steroids
Next use your round brush or liner to make the lines on the dandelion head. Lightly set the brush on the wall and drag it away from the center in a straight line. Think of it like drawing a very large asterisk on steroids.
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting, Next you will paint the seed for each fly away fairy did you call them fairies as a kid Gently press the round brush down to make each seed Do not drag it
Next you will paint the seed for each fly away fairy (did you call them fairies as a kid?) Gently press the round brush down to make each seed. Do not drag it.
painted dandelion wall graphic tutorial, painting, Make an asterisk on the end of each seed stem Add extra arms until you like how it resembles a dandelion fairy Keep in mind that these don t have to be perfect They will be viewed from across the room So don t stress out
Make an asterisk on the end of each seed stem. Add extra arms until you like how it resembles a dandelion fairy! Keep in mind that these don't have to be perfect. They will be viewed from across the room. So, don't stress out.
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl