How I Keep the Falling Leaves Off My Patio Chair Cushions

$12

Some place to store my cushions close by, but still out of the way
Too much yuck!
I got tired of going outside in the morning to wet and/or dirty cushions. I didn't want to store them in the garden shed, and I didn't want to spend the money on a storage container (or have to look at it)
I picked a spot out of the way on my soffit. My house is clad in basic vinyl siding, but I didn't want to damage it either. I measured from the siding to the edge of the fascia and subtracted 1/8" for a 1x3 treated board I bought at Lowes
I added two L-shaped brackets flush with the top of this 1x3. These will be inserted above the siding.
I then added another bracket to the other end of the 1x3 (sorry this is blurry) on top. This will be attached to the fascia.
Now to add some coat hooks. I had three cushions I wanted out of the way, so I used three hooks.
I inserted the two flush brackets between the siding and the soffit. They rest on the siding. (Next pic will help) then attached the top bracket to the fascia with a single sheet metal screw.
Here's the board resting on top of the siding at the back, with one screw holding it on out front. I left it unpainted for the pics to show detail. It will get taken down and all painted white ASAP.
Here are my three cushions. They won't stay here in a good storm, but they didn't always stay on the chairs either. When I went outside for breakfast this morning only the face of the outermost cushion had any dew on it. I used the second cushion to sit on, and enjoyed a dry seat. Best of all, storing them here is convenient so it will happen more often.

mDesign Wall Mount Entryway Single Storage Hook for Jackets, Coats, Hats,...

• Carlene Williams Johnson

I really like this idea! Could hang something like an outside flag (something waterproof) in front n to the sides to help keep rain etc off them but still allow airflow? Just thinking outside the box..

• Ann Dougherty

great idea!

• Lyn

Do you have any issues with the weight in the eaves?

• Jim Cox

So far none. Once the board scooted an inch or so after a good windy storm (it was storing all three cushions) but no issues. I have another idea for a wall planter that will solve the weight issue as well ; )

• Debbie

Great idea! We sit on our deck every day. We actually store our cushions in the house pantry, only steps away from our deck. Never leave them outside, just a better solution for us. Very cute idea though!

• Daisy@TX

Super idea !!