Tammy - My Life Abundant
Tammy - My Life Abundant
  • Summerfield, FL

DIY Pottery Barn Mercury Glass Pumpkin Knock Off

$15

I have a soft spot in my heart and soul for Mercury Glass. There is just something so elegant about that shiny glass but you can also use it with other textures throughout the house. For decorating, I love to use mercury glass for the holidays. But, it can be very pricey. I was so happy when I found out I could make my own knockoff version of mercury glass.
diy pottery barn mercury glass pumpkin knock off
All you need is a Dollar Store glass pumpkin, painters paint, mirror spray paint and spray bottle.
Make sure the glass pumpkin has been washed and dried with no spots. I taped around the outside edges of the bottom and top of the pumpkin so no spray wouldn’t land on the outside. You will be painting the INSIDE of the pumpkin.
Using the spray bottle with water in it, spray the inside of the bowl lightly. Then spray paint very lightly over the water. Let dry and repeat until you have the desired mirror finish.
This is what the inside of the lid looks like after it has dried. You can see the dots of areas where the water was. The longer it dries, when you are done, the shinier it will become.
When completely dried you have this wonderful mirror distressed look. I have done this technique on several other glass items.

To read more detailed instructions and materials I used, please click on the link below.

Tammy - My Life Abundant

1 comment