Phillipcardjr
Phillipcardjr
  • Endicott, NY

Multiple Repurposed Container Christmas Tree and Pill Bottle Lights

$1

Having made a few Christmas tree ornaments recently it was time to go all out on a repurposed can project. (This was last Christmas 2016). And being in the 2017 Holiday season now it will be a good time to share this with you. It is fairly easy to do and you will have something nice at completion.
multiple repurposed container christmas tree and pill bottle lights
Having a collection of cans yet I rounded up these, and with an empty food tub for the base and a color changing tea light for the top I got started.
Materials you will need that can't be seen here are some glue, spray paint at least green, and some scissors.  
This is a photo of a Lighthouse I made from cans at an earlier time.
The cans were painted once the glue had dried. I base coated the cans with Zinsser primer ''white'' then using yellow and blue sprayed that on the cans. Green was also applied. This was applied randomly, with areas of color to create some depth. Pillow stuffing was used for the snow.
Since the green color represented the pine needles I could go ahead and wrap some garland around the Tree. You may need to apply some scotch tape to hold the garland in place.
Someone in the comments section of my Pill bottle Christmas tree ornament post mentioned that the bottles might make nice lights. So I did and shared them in the post. They (the lights) also got me interested in making this tree.

For a base under the tree, I used a small round glass table I purchased at a garage sale. The table was covered with a green tablecloth. I used whatever decorations were handy. I also found some artificial branch pieces and mixed them in.
I also had a collection of small ice cream lids and plastic spoons that I had painted so a few of those were used as well.
If you make up some lights using the pill bottles make sure they are low or no heat. Have some fun and make up a tree yourself.

Phillipcardjr

• Marge

Cool ! Particularly like the pill bottle lights on tree! What would you think of using gold or silver paint on "tree"?

• Phillipcardjr

I think either one would be great. Blue and silver go well together. And gold provides options too.
  • Kathy Brown

Where did u buy the lighthouse cannisr in the background of first or second picture?? Cannisters in the background
    • Phillipcardjr

The canisters in the background are simply in the photo because that is where I took the picture. Not sure where they were purchased. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Eas26393967

Where did you buy the canisters on the counter top? Not the one with stacked cans
    • Phillipcardjr

I'll have to ask my mother. They are some of her Lighthouse collection and she is on a trip with dad.