Sweets for the Sweet

$200

I purchased this sweet gem from a little obscure thrift shop. The shop was decked out for Christmas with all types of holiday fare. But way back in a corner I saw this little baby. She was rusted and crooked from years of wear and tear. But I knew that she had been waiting just for me.

I began the restoration process immediately. Since there was a lot of rust, I had to sand the piece with fine grain sandpaper. After sanding, I wiped it down with a damp cloth and left it to dry.
sweets for the sweet
Next, I sanded her with fine grit sandpaper.
sweets for the sweet
Then using a Rustoleum gold spray paint, I gave her several coats of paint, allowing each coat to dry before applying another.
sweets for the sweet
I thought that the finished product was lovely. Now, how to make her useful? 
sweets for the sweet
Well, after looking at the piece from several vantage points, it hit me, A candy caddy. After looking around the house I found two little ornate candy dishes that were a perfect fit.
sweets for the sweet
After filling the dishes with colorful candies, I want to share my project with you. I hope you enjoy. Peace be unto you.
sweets for the sweet
sweets for the sweet

• Kathy Kraus

That would look great with desserts on it on a buffet table. It’s beautiful, good job!

• Jacqui

Thanks for clarifying re price. I thot $200 was crazy for a thrift shop