DIY Project. Upcycle Your Old Frame Into Trendy Bookshelf.

$100

I had this project in my mind for a few months but I couldn’t find good frame anywhere. I was visiting my local second-hand store almost every day… I didn’t want to spend a lot of money for a new frame so used one was the best option for me. And one day I found what I was looking for 😊
Step 1 - Gold color was wonderful but didn’t match my space so I decided to change it to silver. I put two coats of Annie Sloan Graphite chalk paint.
Step 2 – I put silver Pebeo gilding wax on my frame. I start with a little amount of it as it is very efficient. 
Step 3 – I polished it with 600 grit sand paper. Thanks to this you can see wood structure on my frame. 
Step 4 – My husband (handy man) build a shelf. He used for it melamine boards from Home Depot.
Step 5 -  We glued frame to shelf using “No More Nails” glue from Home Depot 

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

• Joy Bennett

looks great. How did you mount it to the wall? And is it just open on the sides?
  • Sherry

Confused. Is the shelf (bookcase) sticking out from the wall or is it built into the wall?
    • Ellen

It looks like it sticks out, however, I think this is a great idea for a flat against the wall built-in shelf unit (or for a recessed shelving unit you can make yourself -if you own the place...not okay for renters!). Also if you use command strips to adhere to the shelving unit, you can trade out frames when you want.

• Frances

It loooks as though the shelf sits inside the wall which to me would look even better! Not saying it’s not nice,,, it’s gorgeous and a lovely piece!

• Janice

Love the colors. Great use of a frame. Gave me some ideas on what to do with my Shadow box.