Repurposed Broken Jewelry Bookmarks

$5

Please tell me I'm not the only one who still reads actual books! If you do, too, then this is a super fun and easy DIY bookmark craft that anyone can do- and they make fantastic gifts, as well. You can click HERE for my full tutorial!
Broken jewelry- we all have some laying around, right? Like that old brooch that's missing gemstones, or the earring without a mate. Well, here's a fun way to upcycle and repurpose them into functional bookmarks that also make great gifts. Please head over to my original tutorial for some tips & tricks!
Once you have your jewelry bits gathered, you'll need some ribbon (any width is fine, but I recommend at least 1" wide and in lengths of 8" or so) and some ribbon clamps. With small pliers, carefully pinch the clamp on each end of your ribbon.
Then, just use a basic jump ring to connect your broken jewelry bit. Literally- that's it, you're done. And it only took about 5 minutes!
See, isn't that pretty? And so easy to make! This is perfect for those bags of random jewelry bits you see at thrift stores, too.
I have an entire set! And I made a set for my mom from her mom's jewelry, which she just loved. Mother's Day will be here before you know it...

Sadie Seasongoods

• Jean C Andrews

I want to try this project! Have you ever thought of making a jewelry tree? My idea is to a small tree limb; paint it and add the jewelry.

• DebbB

I have a artificial tree that I bought it has lights on it and I decorate for each holidays. This Christmas I didn't have time to dig for old decorations our house is in reno phase. So I took out my old jewelry and new costume jewelry and hung all I could and plugged it in. I didn't know about this web site or I would have taken photos. Christmas 2020 I will.

• Jeannie

Beautiful job. I love it and want to try this! Where do I purchase the ribbon clamps? Thanks :)

• Ticia

Never heard of a ribbon clamp - where do you find them?

• Julie Bonebrake

Thanks so much for this idea! I just made a few with some of my favorite earrings that no longer have a mate. I didn't have ribbon clamps so I glued the end around strips of cereal box, a paper clip, and even a juice box straw. I'm so glad to see these favorite earrings out again.

• Cindy Galt

Yes!! Just need to find the clips.