How to Install a Power Strip

$10

My kitchen has two outlets that are easily accessible. Once you plug in the coffee maker and the under cabinet light that doesn't leave you much to work with. My oldest was forever unplugging the light to plug in the mixer to make mashed potatoes but then he'd forget to plug the light back in. Oh well there are worse problems in the world... At least it wasn't the coffee that he unplugged.
Supplies needed a power strip, a sheet of paper, pencil or chalk and a drill or just a screwdriver if you are strong enough.
Tape the paper to the back side of the power strip and using a pencil or some colored chalk rub the paper to mark the screw holes.
Tape the paper in place under the cabinet or desk if that is where you need power. Once taped in place get the drill and make some pilot holes where the screws need to be.
Screw in the screws and test fit the strip. This will tell you how tight or loose your screws are. Too loose and the strip will wobble, too tight and you won't be able to slide the strip onto the screws.
There it is mounted under my cabinet.
And with stuff plugged in. The white brick is a switch for the night light. Having a strip like this also helps if you need to turn everything off at night. Some appliances are vampires that use unnecessary power at night. I was shocked by how much my step daughter said she was able to lower her power bill by just by unplugging things.

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/Bourne-to-be-creative-1588217798130533/

• Nadine Hartman Bourne

Thanks. it was the easiest way I could think of to put it up and out of the way.

• Mau33014940

Nadine, Thank you for the tut! I too am electrical outlet challenged! I use a lot of power strips and I always wanted to mount them but didn't know how. Now that you have shown me the way mine will now be out of sight!

• Nadine Hartman Bourne

It really is nice having all the cords out of the way. and being that mine is in the kitchen I needed it where I wouldn't spill on it. I've never seen a power strip that didn't have a way to mount it. even the squid looking ones have holes in the back to screw them up. I have one near my treadmill, That is in the wall so I had to use wall anchors.