Judi
Judi
  • Tutorial Team
  • Modesto, CA

My Version of This Challenge

$0

I decided to change it up a bit! but the first picture is my inspiration!
my version of this challenge
This was my inspiration for my PB knock off
my version of this challenge
i took an old fence slat, to work on my project.
my version of this challenge
The picture above showes a full size glad, but I decided to make mine a little different. So the next thing I did was cut 6 pieces into 7x7
squares, and sanded them!
my version of this challenge
next thing I did was gave them a beveled edge! Not sure if you can see it!
my version of this challenge
Then I prepared the squares for the strips
my version of this challenge
Then took each square and painted the red stripes then the white strips on each square
5 for the stripe part.

my version of this challenge
On the 6th square I painted it blue the I cut out a star, painted that white, I let that those dry, then a arched the star to the blue square. Once all the squares were painted and the star was attached and dried! I brushed on a little stain to give it that vintage look!!
my version of this challenge
And here is the finished product! Total size is 42 x 14 ! I think this came out really good!!!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 10, 2018 11:05 PM - More info