Wheat Harvest Bundle – Wayfair Hack DIY Home Decor

$16

There is something about a wheat harvest bundle that’s so simple and inviting. As a matter of fact, this is a Wayfair hack for a wheat harvest bundle they are selling for $45! Why pay when you can create beautiful DIY home decor yourself?

wheat harvest bundle wayfair hack diy home decor
Wheat is grown on more acres than any other crop around the world and is now wildly popular in DIY home decor too. Why pay when you can easily DIY? You can easily create this wheat harvest bundle Wayfair hack yourself in under two hours. And the best part is, for less than half the price. It’s a beautiful home decor element all year around too! 
Wheat Harvest Bundle Wayfair Hack
All you need to create this is:
  1. A bundle of wheat
  2. Glue Gun
  3. Jute or rope cord
  4. Flameless candle or any circular base to glue the wheat – you can use the cardboard from a cereal box too. 
  5. Scissors
Use Your Imagination!
I decided to put my spin on this wheat harvest bundle by taking an old flameless candle and building it around it. Decor elements that light up are always so pretty and thought it would look beautiful at night creating a warm cozy atmosphere. 
I am eventually going to make another one so I have a matching pair. I love crafting it’s so relaxing and the payoff is always so wonderful. 

Begin by gluing the wheat around the base of the candle or whatever base you decide to use. If you can’t get stalks of wheat you can also use barley. 
You can purchase the harvest wheat bundles at most craft stores or over at Amazon. I love the darker color but, you can choose any shade you love.  Once you glue the harvest wheat, trim the bottom so it will be level on the bottom. You will want to make sure it’s level so you can stand it properly. 
Then, simply tie the jute or cord around the middle section. I decided to use two types of jute rope for the center design. The center jute is a thinner gauge than the surrounding jute. 
If you love jute as much as I do, then be sure to check out  all of my other jute crafts too! It’s that easy, and it looks stunning! This harvest wheat bundle is the perfect addition to your home decor and looks great all season around. I even like this Wayfair hack much better than the one sold on their website. 
You can decorate this harvest wheat bundle with any element you like with ribbons or bows too. Let your imagination be your guide! 
I wanted mine to light up at night that’s why I used a flameless candle but, you can use any base you have handy. 
I love the warm glow of the flameless candle – at night-time, I always lit the candles around my home to create a warm and cozy atmosphere. 
If you have any questions about the process or product be sure to let me know in the comment section below. Happy crafting!

Please stop by my blog for more images and product details! I know you will find some inspiration for your projects too. The link to this post can be found below.

I'd love to see you there - please be sure to stop over and say hi!

Also, subscribe to my newsletter for emails featuring giveaways, updates, and much more!    Subscribe Here! and get in on the fun!
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Dar7200738

How do you change the batteries without tearing the whole thing apart?

• Tracy Sturgill Weiss

Exactly, Sassy Townhouse Living. Since the bottom of the project is the bare bottom of the candle, it would be quite easy to replace the batteries. Given that the candles you used were the kind with the battery placement on the bottom.

• Angel Winchell

Will the wheat start to die or break apart?

• Jewell Martin

I can see sea grass, evergreen cuttings, and yard twigs in this design. Such a great idea. ☺️

• Jos27266629

Great idea!

• Kathy LaPointe

I tried this!! After much cussing, I figured out that the partiular flameless candle I have has a layer of wax on the outside. Glue gun (low-temp) melted the wax layer and made it very difficult. I ended up using small amonts of E6000 glue and got it finished. I really love the look of it!

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Oh good! I'm glad the glue worked! I guess it's the type of candle you use. The one I used didn't have that issue. I'm glad you mentioned it here for the others. So glad you love it!