Teacups and Succulents

$12

Once upon a time I collected bone china teacups. I reently thinned out the collection and kept a box of them knowing I would use them for something soon. With Mother’s Day around the corner, I decided to use them to plant pretty little succulents to give to some friends. The first thing I did was to hot glue the cups to the saucer, I forgot to take a picture of this step. Update - I think using a strong
My little stash from Home Depot.
My little stash from Home Depot.
The next step was to put pebbles at the bottom of each teacup for drainag.i had some around which I used.
Little pebbles.
Little pebbles.
This is the dirt I used, cactus/succulent mix.
teacups and succulents
I poured some into a small bowl to make it easy to maneuver with a small spoon.
teacups and succulents
Next I added enough dirt to the level I needed for each plant. I took the plant out of its plastic pot and placed in the middle. With the spoon I added enough dirt to steady the plant and fill around it. That‘s it, done!
teacups and succulents
teacups and succulents
teacups and succulents
I had some plants left over so using the same technique I placed them in a square glass florist vase. I’ll keep this one for me.
teacups and succulents
Water/spray gingerly once a week,

• Succulenrs  (Home depot)
  • Teacups  (Already had)

1 comment