Teacups and Succulents
Once upon a time I collected bone china teacups. I reently thinned out the collection and kept a box of them knowing I would use them for something soon. With Mother’s Day around the corner, I decided to use them to plant pretty little succulents to give to some friends. The first thing I did was to hot glue the cups to the saucer, I forgot to take a picture of this step. Update - I think using a strong glue like E6000 might keep it together longer.
The next step was to put pebbles at the bottom of each teacup for drainag.i had some around which I used.
This is the dirt I used, cactus/succulent mix.
I poured some into a small bowl to make it easy to maneuver with a small spoon.
Next I added enough dirt to the level I needed for each plant. I took the plant out of its plastic pot and placed in the middle. With the spoon I added enough dirt to steady the plant and fill around it. That‘s it, done!
I had some plants left over so using the same technique I placed them in a square glass florist vase. I’ll keep this one for me.
Water/spray gingerly once a week,
- Succulenrs (Home depot)
- Teacups (Already had)