Clearissa
Clearissa
  • Cary, NC

What To Do When An Old Furniture Piece Calls Your Name

$15

It is yard sale, flea market and thrifting season. WhooHoo! I am so excited! I made a great purchase at my first yard sale visit of the season last weekend. It was so convenient and I think, meant to be. So let’s see what can happen when you know What To Do When An Old Furniture Piece Calls Your Name.

I collaborated with Dixie Belle Paint Company to complete this project.
what to do when an old furniture piece calls your name
My neighbor was hosting a yard sale last Saturday and when I opened my blinds, the first thing I saw was this little bench. I just couldn’t take my eyes off this little fellow. So I purchased it for $8.00. I think it was a great bargain.
Once home, I cleaned the little guy with regular rubbing alcohol and a clean, lint-free rag before beginning to paint. Also, I turned it upside down and painted the underside first to make sure I had the legs painted all the way tot he bottom without touching my blanket and getting lint on my paint brush.
This is the front after 2 coats of paint. Remember to allow the paint to dry between coats. Because I used chalk paint, the drying time was minimal.
This is the back after two coats of paint. As you can see, I had a little helper. :)
This is the bench after grey grunge was brushed on and the back was stenciled .
And the next couple of photos are of the completed project. You can get all of the details and complete product list on my website.
This was a match made in heaven because I have always wanted a bench in this space but the space is so very tight until a regular sized one would have overpowered the entry. However, this smaller version fits perfectly and is just big enough for one person to sit and put on or take of their shoes.

Get step-by-step instructions and see the supplies I used on my blog.

Clearissa