The Very Best Trick to Clean Stubborn Carpet Stains!

File this one under "coolest trick ever"! If you have carpet in your home, then I'm sure you've had more than one "mystery stain" appear from time to time, especially if you have lighter-colored carpeting. If it's proving to be a little difficult to get that stain out, try my new favorite trick!
the very best trick to clean stubborn carpet stains, cleaning tips, flooring
What you'll need: An iron, a light-colored cloth, and a simple cleaning solution (click through to the blog post for full recipe and step-by-step instructions). I like to keep a separate iron for crafts and homekeeping, but your regular iron will work just fine and won't be harmed in the process.
All my little mystery stains! Ew! What even happened here?
A simple solution and the light-colored cloth.
Afterwards: Not only are all the stains gone, but the whole carpet looks fresh, new, and beautifully fluffed up!
CreekLineHouse .

• Rose Tovey

Las week our oil furnace malfunctioned, pouring a lot of soot on the cement floor and on a large gold rug. The recovery companies charge $$$$. So I bought several large boxes of baking soda. Poured a pile on a stained area of the carpet, used my hand to rub it into an oval. Then really worked it in. Let it sit overnight. Swept it with metal hose extension of my Rainbow. It made a real difference! So did it a second time, leaving it on for 1 hour. Swept out again. Almost all out. Might use Spot Shot or dry cleaning fluid to get the last bit out. Be sure to use the baking soda first, and don't just sprinkle it on. I tried that first, didn't work.

• Jake

This is an awesome idea for small stain removing... Working at Carpet Cleaning Of Chula Vista, stain removal is so common for carpet cleaning, knowing how to clean the simple, smaller stains can save people money. Love the Iron idea, never thought of that!

• CreekLineHouse .

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment, it's especially flattering, knowing it's coming from a real-life carpet cleaner! :D