How to Update Your Master Bathroom for Free

$0

We have a grand master plan for our master bathroom that includes knocking down walls and lots of money. Until then, we decided to update the room cosmetically by spending the least amount of money as possible. By up-cycling building materials and using left over paint we have completely transformed the vanity area for free! Which fits perfectly with our budget!
We started the project by raiding our left over paint. I love using leftover paint for different projects because it's free, I already love the color, and it helps tie the whole home's color scheme together. The dark gray on the vanity was leftover from our foyer walls while the lighter gray on the walls was from our kitchen, family room, and Master Bedroom.
We framed the mirror out by up-cycling door trim that got ripped out in our foyer remodel. The mirror and all the trim in the space got painted in Valspar Ultra white which was left over from the rest of the house's trim. I even added a stripped accent wall to the space again using the left over trim paint.
The curtain on the vanity hides a storage tower and trashcan. It was made from an old pillow case we were no longer using and embellished with ribbon I had left over from our family room curtains.
Before: You can see that the space was weighted down by dark and dated oak cabinets and trim.

Simply Swider- Stephanie