So Much for Chasing Moles

Wow, I thought as I saw the box-a windmill mole chaser and then the idea of jazzing it up and having it stand tall in the flower bed just turned me on...
and it looked like a deal at Harbor Freight on sale with a coupon for under $10. The box was not that large but hey it looked like it would be about 5 feet tall. I wanted a windmill and I have moles -yeah- kill two birds with one stone.
Well, I opened the box and saw 2 short poles and the cold, shiny steel/tin and knew that I could not leave it alone. At this point all I could think about was spray painting and getting it in the garden.
I decided to spray paint each blade and the fin separate colors and the pole red. I knew this would go along with all my colored pots and just look cool. Waited it to dry and then red the directions. Had to chuckle as I read "do not assemble if under the influence of drugs and alcohol" and then another one that read "use the right product for the right job". There were 15 or so explicit directions for assembling and not hurting yourself while assembling this windmill and caution as to how dangerous it could be in a wind storm. LOL I am still laughing thinking about how dangerous this windmill could be.
I am very impatient and so I finally got it in the garden but it was not easy driving a short, flat tip pole in the ground. The windmill stands about 2 1/2 feet tall and most of my plants are taller! I am either going to modify to make it taller which is clearly a violation of the intended use or just leave it as a decoration and find a bigger windmill someday.
Even though this windmill is clearly NOT for 'mole chasing', it sure looks cool in my garden! I may even have to get another one for the back yard and under $10 for a bit of whimsy in my garden is a steal.
Happy gardening everyone.
so much for chasing moles, flowers, gardening
The picture on the box is sooooo unrealistic LOL
whipped out some colors
spray painted each piece and had to wait to dry
I was waiting for the wind to blow but the plants are taller than the windmill LOL
I love my windmill

The Garden Frog with C Renee

• JoAnn Clark

I'm looking for the radial ball bearing unit for the windmill...that keeps them working. it's number 47987 and used to be item number 27841 at harbor freight but that number no longer tracks in their system.

I love these windmills..and want to order some more of the ball bearing things for my broken windmills....can you help me?

The way you painted yours is really cute. good job!

BTW these also seem to keep my moles at bay! I love them.

(if anyone wants to know where to get them now...amazon has them..they are by Lehman's in Dalton OH (says they are mfg exclusively for them.)