Leslie Long
Leslie Long
  • Bowling Green, FL

Easy Fix for Ugly Outlets! No Wiring Involved!

Is this what your old wall outlets look like? I found a quick fix at Home Depot that won't break the bank and you don't have to hire an electrician.
easy fix for ugly outlets no wiring involved, diy, electrical, home maintenance repairs
Here is what they could look like simply by changing the plate. It's one screw and nothing dangerous. All you need is a flathead screwdriver.
I work at Home Depot in many departments including electrical, and one day saw these plates in the store. You don't have to change the inside of the outlet, simply change the wall plate and it lines up so you can plug in items just like you would previously. This changes the look of you room and they are less than $4 each.

• Cheryl

I bought one. Great and easy. However they only had them for the two outlet plates , not for 4's or combination outlet and switches or any switch. Any ideas??

• Leslie Long

Yes, that is correct. I wish they had them all but not yet. Perhaps in future :)

• Carolyn

how about the switch plate, same principle?

• Leslie Long

The whole thing is just a switch plate. It fits OVER the existing outlet and makes it look like the new ones. Review the post and look at the last photo diagram on how to use it.

• Che13879925

where can I purchase this? Thanks

• Anna Ibarra

Ok just to be sure, after u take old plate off , the new plate lines up to the existing ole plugs???

• Leslie Long

Mine did. It is designed to fit that way so hopefully, it will fit yours too :)

• Julie

my old sockets do not hold in the plugs very well, will changing just the plate help?

• Susan

No. Changing the plate won't help. You would have to change the the actual outlets. over time the the outlets "stretch" as the plugs are out in and removed. I'm not an electrician but I can tell you I've replaced these myself and it's not hard. Just please, please, please turn off the breakers first. Sue
  • Tami

Will this work on GFCI outlets in kitchens and bathrooms?

• Michelle Jones

Do they have a model for light switch plates as well. We just changed all the electrical in our living/dining room but the kitchen switches are hideous.

• Leslie Long

I'm afraid not Michelle. Never seen those yet :)

• Jeannie Keesler

Yes Lowe's has them and the brand is Revive. Probably have them online. I have not found them in all Lowe's. They even have multiples.

• Brenda

Do these come in different colors? We installed a darker backsplash, but the white outlets stand out big time! Would love to come them down with a darker cover like this!

• Granny Smith

We live in Saskatchewan Canada and Home depot here in Saskatoon says they have never heard of these. Where can we get these ? or order them ? thanks

• Laurie

Unless I am missing something this is simply changing the switch plate or outlet cover. I can’t imagine your local Home Depot wouldn’t carry them. My local Home Depots in the US have almost an entire aisle of them.

• Pat

These are not on the website ,where can you order them?