Upcycle A CD Tower Into A Farmhouse Cupboard

$25

I keep seeing old CD towers in thrift stores. It seems no one uses them anymore but with a little help they can be transformed into this cute little farmhouse cupboard in no time at all.
upcycle a cd tower into a farmhouse cupboard
It's just the right size to store those special little things that are normally hidden away in a cupboard somewhere. Like this gorgeous wine goblet.
Seriously, that shouldn't be packed away, where no-one can see it    To make the farmhouse cupboard you only need a few bits and pieces besides the CD tower.
We’ve had this one for years, and if you look past the layers of dust she was still in pretty good shape. We asked our local framing shop to make two frames that would fit neatly onto the front face of the tower.
If I could get my angles right I could have tried making the frames, but sadly I still struggle with that. Oh well, one day I'll learn, but in the meantime framers have all the machines and what nots to do a really professional job and the frames were really cheap since we didn't need any glass or backing. We painted the CD towers to suit our decor and added chicken wire to the inside of the frames. Nothing says farmhouse quite like some chicken wire
We attached the frames to the CD tower with piano hinges and added two small crystal door knobs.
I'm really happy with how it turned out, but I would love to know what you think.
Is it something you would make for your home?

A Crafty Mix - Michelle