Simple DIY Headboard Bench Tutorial - I Only Made 4 Cuts on Wood!

I've always wanted a pretty and welcoming front porch. I've also loved headboard bench makeovers but thought my skills wouldn't be good enough as a beginner with power tools. With some help from Home Depot, I made this an awesome beginner project and only had to make 4 wood cuts. It also justified my first personal powertool purchase, a Ryobi drill! I love how the bench turned out and my front porch is now welcoming and pretty as you walk up to the front door.
My front porch looks much better with the new bench
A goodwill find for $20 was the perfect shape
Using "L" brackets helped make the bench very strong. It doesn't wiggle or move.
It's easier that you'd think to build this bench. Home Depot cut all of the wood except for 4 cuts, which I did with our jigsaw. Really, you can do this!
I love the how the bed posts stand out and give unique character to the project.

Wendi @ H2OBungalow

• Dora Chacon Tavarez

I saw an old steal headboard transformed into a bench, but I don’t remember where I saw it, could you help me out, please

• Dsouther

Trudy, You have your opinion. I have mine. Many prople use double size beds for their children. There are a lot of people in the USA that sleep on the floor. Especially in the Appalachian area. I am sure they would gladly use a full size bed if it were given to them. A wooden bed bench will deteriorate in no time in an out of doors setting. That is juat a plain fact. Even pressure treated wood made to be used out doors has a limited life span. But hey if people want to waste their money that is up to them.