Diy Garden Cart Made From Hose Spool Cart

$15

Recently the neighbors threw out a metal hose cart to be thrown away. The hubby spied it and asked if we could have it. Now I'm big on curbside rescues, but didnt have the vision that the hubby had when he spotted it. Anyway we had a plastic one and I hated it and never used it. Why do we need another?

Then the hubby let me in on his plan for the cart. To turn it into a garden cart for me to use around the yard. I was skeptical about his plan, after all I have a heavy duty garden wagon. But now I'm loving it!

First he removed the reel that holds the garden hose from the cart.

Then attached a board across the top frame of the metal cart.

Next came a large heavy duty plastic tub that he attached to the top of the board. That's it! Wasn't that an easy way of making a diy garden cart?

Now I can fill it up with plants, garden tools, or whatever I may need that day while working around the yard. It's so much easier to maneuver around our yard than that heavy wagon.

My new diy garden cart has made my gardening life so much easier, and just think it all started from a discarded metal hose cart.

Here's another fun project you may enjoy! My repurposed ironing board!

Linda @ Mixed Kreations